What east Texas team has the best chance to go to state?

This is the hidden content, please

I posted this on Eastexsports and i was curious to get yalls opinion on the subject.  You can go to Eastexsports now and vote on the poll.  If you like East Texas basketball, go to Eastexsports to talk hoops, because the basketball forum is one of the most popular forums on the message board, especially when it gets close to basketball season.  East Texas has a lot of good teams this year with a shot at going to state.  Heres a list of the teams i put on the poll that you can vote on:

Laneville (1A div 2, region 3)

Slocum (1A div 2, region 3)

Goodrich (1A div 2, region 4)

Cayuga (1A div 1, region 3)

Big Sandy (1A div 1, region 3)

New Waverly (2A, region 3)

Jefferson (2A, region 3)

Sabine (2A, region 3)

Edgewood (2A, region 2)

Pittsburg (3A, region 2)

Crockett (3A, region 3)

Madisonville (3A, region 3)

Whitehouse (4A, region 2)

Jacksonville (4A, region 2)

If you are wondering why teams like Kountze, HJ, and Silsbee arent on this list, its because these teams are under SETXsports and this poll was posted on Eastexsports, which covers all teams north of the SETX area.  So what do yall think, who has the best chance to go to state on this list (or you go name someone else i didnt list if you think otherwise).  I think several teams on here have a great chance, but if i have to make a choice i'll go with 2.  Cayuga is loaded again this year and i dont think 1A region 3 isnt near as tough as it was last year.  Cayuga was the favorite to come out of the region last year and had a disappointing loss in the regional semis, but i think they make it this year.  One of Cayugas opponents last year was Slocum in 1A div 1.  Slocum was expected to be one of the favorites for 1a div 1 in region 3, but with realignment, they moved down to 1A div 2.  I dont think 1A div 2 will be near as tough as div 1, with Slocum's main competitor in their region being in their own district (Laneville, last years state champ), so I like Slocums chances.  But thats my opinion, i would like to hear everyone elses.....

Very impressive list there Nike,Any of the top 6 teams could have a shot.BS is going to miss there big guy,if he would have stayed healthy last year I think they would have walked out of the drum as the champs.Goodrich is always good and I was very impressed the 2 times I saw Slocum last year.I don't know how hard graduation hit Brookeland but the will be in the mix again.New Waverly would get my vote on this list as the 2-a club,they had a good young club last year.

Very impressive list there Nike,Any of the top 6 teams could have a shot.BS is going to miss there big guy,if he would have stayed healthy last year I think they would have walked out of the drum as the champs.Goodrich is always good and I was very impressed the 2 times I saw Slocum last year.I don't know how hard graduation hit Brookeland but the will be in the mix again.New Waverly would get my vote on this list as the 2-a club,they had a good young club last year.

Yeah, i'll agree with you whsalum, the top 6 do have a great shot.  Some of these teams i know more about than others, like i dont know much about New Waverly and how much they lost to graduation, but i do know they are moving from region 4 to region 3 this year, and i'm not sure how tough region 4 is compared to 3.  But i know region 3 will be tough, so they will have a tough road.  Goodrich is always loaded, but again i dont know how much they lost and how good region 4 is.  If i had to narrow it down to a couple, i'd say 2 teams, Cayuga and Slocum, have a great shot.  Cayuga is loaded again, they were the favorite last year and should be the favorite in a region that i think is a little down from last year.  I saw them in a tournament this summer, they are big and very athletic for a 1A team.  Slocum didnt lose much to graduation and are playing very good in summer league, they've won a couple tournaments with 2A and 3A teams in it.  They will benefit from moving down to div 2, and keep in mind they beat last years champ, Laneville, in their own gym, in a regular season game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax