Nederland Little League All-Stars win championship

Nederland Little League All-Stars win championship

The Port Arthur News

BRIDGE CITY — Nederland's big hitters combined efforts with a strong 3.2 innings of relief work from Jared Ramoin to put away Bridge City 10-3 on Thursday night to claim the District 32, 11-12 year old championship.

With the win, Nederland will advance to sectionals which will be held in the Woodlands at the Orwall Little League, starting July 11. Sectionals will be a four team, double elimination tournament.

After Nederland took an early 2-0 lead in the first inning, BC fought back with three runs of its own in the third inning off Nederalnd's Preston White.

White issued a pair of walks with one out in the third. A wild pitch set BC up with runners at second and third with one out. Then Blaine McElduff scorched a double to right center to bring in two runs. McElduff scored from second off an RBI single from starting pitcher Westin Crain to give BC a 3-2 advantage.

Crain ended up getting the loss. Nederland got to Crain early for a 2-0 lead but Crain settled down in the second. Then with the score 3-2 going into the bottom of the third, Nederland batted around for five runs to take a 7-3 lead.

That was all the room Ramoin needed as he held BC scoreless through the final three innings. In fact, after the third, BC was never put a runner on base for the remainder of the game. Ramoin was credited with the victory. He allowed just one hit and struck out six.

Nederland's Colton Weisbord added a run in the fourth inning when he hit a first pitch home run to lead off the bottom half. That solo shot came off McElduff and gave Nederland an 8-3 lead.

Weisbord also drove in two more runs in the fifth inning. For the game, Weisbord was 4-for-4 with a home run, a double and two singles. He scored three times and drove in four runs.

He might just be a name Nederland should get used to hearing.

Nederland also beat BC 4-1 on Tuesday to advance to the championship. That result sent BC into the loser's bracket to face Groves. In that matchup, BC gave up a four-run lead to Groves late in the ball game, allowing Groves to knot the score at 10 all and send the contest into extra innings.

Groves scored five in the top half of the seventh to take a commanding lead. BC responded, however, tying the game at 15 and finishing the game with a walk-off grandslam for the victory.

BC had no such luck with last inning heroics on Thursday, however, as Ramoin, Weisbord and company slam the door shut once they took the 7-3 lead.

Nederland collected 10 hits as a team while BC managed just two. Both of those hits came in the third inning.

Westin Crain, Blaine McElduff, Trey Huffman, Caleb Morrison, Jonah Lemoine, and Joey Greer were your big stat leaders.  Crain was the big man on the mound and McElduff hit the walk off Grand Slam at Groves.  Congrats to Nederland and Good Luck!!!!!  There are many names on these two teams you will be hearing. 

I am a parent on the BCLL team. I would like to say thanks to the parents, grandparents, and  friends who spent endless hours out at the ballpark helping get the boys ready for allstars. We had 8 days to get ready & we did it. My son was on the DL with a hurt elbow. So, the hardest thing to do was to tell him he couldn't play. BC boys were not expected to go as far as they did, with saying that I am so proud of them, they never gave up. As far as the Nederland team, job well done. Ya'll have some great players on your team. Good Luck!!

BC 12 YR ALLSTARS:

Blaine McElduff, Blake Garrett, Byron Bacon, Trey Huffman, Kaleb Morrison, Bryce Rambo, Josh Dunigan, Jonah Lemoine, Ryan McNeil, Sage Elmore, Joey Greer, Westin Crain. These are the names you will be hearing in the future.

FROM THE COACHES OF NLL TO THE COACHES OF BCLL I WAS PROUD TO HAVE COACHED  IN A GAME WITH YOU, YOU DID A GREAT JOB

AND WE OBSERVED THE EFFORT YOU GUYS PUT INTO YOUR TEAM BY HOW

WELL THEY PLAYED AND THE WAY THEY CONDUCTED THEMSELVES.

I KNOW SOMETIMES THE WORD CLASS IS OVEREMPHASIZED SO I WANT USE IT. YOU GUYS SHOWED A LOT OF POISE AND CHARACTER

THROUGHTOUT THE TOURNAMENT INCLUDING THE GROVES GAME

ESPECIALLY, I PERSONNALLY WAS IMPRESSED AT HOW YOU KEPT YOUR BOYS FROM GIVING UP.

WE CORDIALLY INVITE YOU AND ANY OF THE BRIDGE CITY FANS

TO SUPPORT OUR ENDEAVOR IN THE NEXT TOURNAMENT 

REPRESENTING DISTRICT 32 OUR DISTRICT.

SO ONCE AGAIN YOU GUYS ARE GREAT FOR LITTLE LEAGUE

KEEP IT GOING AND MAYBE WE'LL MEET AGAIN NEXT YEAR.

Guest agent99

thank you to kxshaggy for naming all the boys on the bc team. To all the parents, grandparents,uncles and aunts that come out to the games you need to see your allstars name in print also. Each one of these boys makes a contribution in there own way. Thats why they are on a Allstar team. We have to remember that these boys are 12 years old. Not to take away from anything these boys have done, they have alot of baseball years ahead of them. If a boy plays one inning or 6 innings they are part of the team.

I apologize for not naming all of the players.  Yes these are all boys that will be doing well in the future. The funny thing about little league is that some of the ones that play one inning could be your next All district player.  I have personally witnessed it over and over.  So dont think I dont believe that each and every one of these kids will be something in the future.  I should have thought about it when I only named a few.  I am proud of all of them.  They never gave up.  We had one that was hurt and he was there every step of the way with his team..  I was very impressed with the coaches on Nederlands staff and the kids as well.  RGR-now that i have figured out who you are I was wrong....  Good luck this next week and keep us posted. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83