Regional Hosts announced

go Mizzou!

You're killing me...go Ole Miss !!!!

Locals in the regionals:

Miami regional:  West Brook's Tim Ferguson (Ole Miss) opens with Mizzou.  Hosting is the #1 ranked team (Miami Hurricanes).  Ferguson has won starting SS job for Rebels and is .290-3-23.

Texas A&M regional: LCM's Clayton Ehlert (Texas A&M) as the Aggies host Houston, Dallas Bapt and Ill-Chicago.  Tough regional as Aggies sluming at the end of the year, Houston just won CUSA tourney and Dallas Bapt is a potential surprise (2 wins this year vs. Rice and another vs. A&M).  Ehlert is 6-2, 3.25 and should start one of regional games.  West Brook grad David Murphy won't play as he continues his medical redshirt.  UH freshman Chase Dempsay (Baytown Sterling) is the Cougar closer this year (6-3, .250 with 11 saves).

LSU regional:  BC's Johnny Dishon (LSU) claimed a national seed as the Tigers have now won 20 in a row.  They host Southern Miss, New Orleans and Texas Southern.  This regional has a lot of local flavor:  Dishon (.239-1-10 but .318 in SEC conference play) along with Southern Miss's brotherly tandem from West Brook:  James Ewing (.369-5-43, leading the Golden Eagles in hitting) and Michael Ewing (.200-10-22, 2nd on the team in HR) and UNO's Jake Henderson (Kelly) at 7-1, 3.99.

At the Houston regional, hosted by Rice, Braeden Riley (Woodville) will represent our local Southland Conference for Sam Houston State.  Braeden is .241-0-14 with 20 starts this year for the Bearkats.  PNG grad Zac Harwood represents Rice.  Harwood is 0-0 in limited action (2 appearances, 1 IP).

Fun for all...especially me !!!!

go Mizzou!

Locals in the regionals:

Miami regional:  West Brook's Tim Ferguson (Ole Miss) opens with Mizzou.  Hosting is the #1 ranked team (Miami Hurricanes).  Ferguson has won starting SS job for Rebels and is .290-3-23.

Texas A&M regional: LCM's Clayton Ehlert (Texas A&M) as the Aggies host Houston, Dallas Bapt and Ill-Chicago.  Tough regional as Aggies sluming at the end of the year, Houston just won CUSA tourney and Dallas Bapt is a potential surprise (2 wins this year vs. Rice and another vs. A&M).  Ehlert is 6-2, 3.25 and should start one of regional games.  West Brook grad David Murphy won't play as he continues his medical redshirt.  UH freshman Chase Dempsay (Baytown Sterling) is the Cougar closer this year (6-3, .250 with 11 saves).

LSU regional:  BC's Johnny Dishon (LSU) claimed a national seed as the Tigers have now won 20 in a row.  They host Southern Miss, New Orleans and Texas Southern.  This regional has a lot of local flavor:  Dishon (.239-1-10 but .318 in SEC conference play) along with Southern Miss's brotherly tandem from West Brook:  James Ewing (.369-5-43, leading the Golden Eagles in hitting) and Michael Ewing (.200-10-22, 2nd on the team in HR) and UNO's Jake Henderson (Kelly) at 7-1, 3.99.

At the Houston regional, hosted by Rice, Braeden Riley (Woodville) will represent our local Southland Conference for Sam Houston State.  Braeden is .241-0-14 with 20 starts this year for the Bearkats.  PNG grad Zac Harwood represents Rice.  Harwood is 0-0 in limited action (2 appearances, 1 IP).

No doubt...enjoy MIF04. Congrats on Tim earning the starting ss job...very impressive.

Good luck to both Ole Miss and LSU.  Unfortunately, I have to stay true and pull for my Horns.  ;) It's been a strange year for the Horns to say the least.

Guest etbu

I think it is very likely that Texas will win this region bc they own Rice. Cannot stand their fish eating guts but Rice has had a very hard time beating them over the last four years.

go Mizzou!

Locals in the regionals:

Nice post MIF

Locals in the regionals:

I understand that Braeden Riley, a freshman, is the only Bearkat starter batting under 300.  And he will get that average up in time.  Go Kats!  :)  Upset the BIG BOYS!  :)

I think it is very likely that Texas will win this region bc they own Rice. Cannot stand their fish eating guts but Rice has had a very hard time beating them over the last four years.

fish eating guts??

I like it.  :D

That's caviar my friends.  ;)

Guest etbu

fish eating guts??

Ha I am going to try to get some decent tickets but if I have to sit out in the sun not gonna happen. 07 I will call down tomorrow and if i do will call you later this week.

fish eating guts??

Ha I am going to try to get some decent tickets but if I have to sit out in the sun not gonna happen. 07 I will call down tomorrow and if i do will call you later this week.

Please do.  Also, has the LC/Friendswood series been set yet ?

Guest etbu

fish eating guts??

Yea I called and there are seats but only if you want to fry. I had a chance to get seats last week under the awing but waited to late. Yea the LC vs Friendswood series starts this Thursday at UH may check that out.

fish eating guts??

Yea I called and there are seats but only if you want to fry. I had a chance to get seats last week under the awing but waited to late. Yea the LC vs Friendswood series starts this Thursday at UH may check that out.

This looks like the toughest regional to me....and with Texas, Rice, and Sam Houston you can bet on standing room only. Looks like ESPN for me.  ;D

I did see where the LC/Friendswood series starts Thursday...I am going to try and catch Thursday and Friday's games..I'll give you a call Thursday morning.

The Houston regional is a tough one but I would rank it 3rd or 4th along with these:

Michigan (hosting as #2 seed)

Arizona (preseason #1)

Kentucky (led SEC in most offensive categories)

E. Michigan

Miami (#1 seed)

Missiouri (#1 pitcher in country)

Mississippi (preseason #2)

Bethune Cookman

Long Beach

San Diego

Cal

Fresno State

Most of the regionals are fairly competitive.  I will take the Aggies' regional as the easiest...but that is on paper only.  I do think Houston Regional is tough.  Rice is, well, Rice.  Texas is, well, Texas and Sam Houston split this year with Rice.  St. John's had a lot of buzz but fell off tremendously in their conference tourney and last week of the season.

For you TV buffs:  noon on Friday:  ESPNU:  Ole Miss vs. Missiouri.  Missiouri has announced Andrew Crow as their starter (#1 in the nation with 12-0 record and projected first college pitcher in draft).  Ole Miss?  They got that Ferguson kid out there at SS....

The Houston regional is a tough one but I would rank it 3rd or 4th along with these:

Arizona (preseason #1)

E. Michigan

Miami (#1 seed)

Bethune Cookman

Long Beach

San Diego

Cal

Fresno State

Most of the regionals are fairly competitive.  I will take the Aggies' regional as the easiest...but that is on paper only.  I do think Houston Regional is tough.  Rice is, well, Rice.  Texas is, well, Texas and Sam Houston split this year with Rice.  St. John's had a lot of buzz but fell off tremendously in their conference tourney and last week of the season.

For you TV buffs:  noon on Friday:  ESPNU:  Ole Miss vs. Missiouri.  Missiouri has announced Andrew Crow as their starter (#1 in the nation with 12-0 record and projected first college pitcher in draft).  Ole Miss?  They got that Ferguson kid out there at SS....

Noon Friday....I'm on it. I say TF, the Frosh at OlE Miss,  is gonna own Andrew Crow.  ;D ;D ;D

Go Rebels !

Arizona (preseason #1)

E. Michigan

Miami (#1 seed)

Bethune Cookman

Long Beach

San Diego

Cal

Fresno State

Noon Friday....I'm on it. I say TF, the Frosh at OlE Miss,  is gonna own Andrew Crow.  ;D ;D ;D

Go Rebels !

If that happens, I may buy everyone on South Beach drinks til July 4th.....

Arizona (preseason #1)

E. Michigan

Miami (#1 seed)

Bethune Cookman

Long Beach

San Diego

Cal

Fresno State

Go Rebels !

If that happens, I may buy everyone on South Beach drinks til July 4th.....

LOL...best of luck.

Guest etbu

Who went to OleMiss? Nice campus really nice.

Tim Ferguson from Beaumont Westbrook.

Got ya and 07 still blows my mind that you are a beancounter with your knowledge of sports. Ha Ha Nothing wrong but sorta of a oxymoron. LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder