7 on 7 !!! Whats your opinion about this style of play

I went to the 7 on 7 in Hardin and I was very impressed with the way seven on seven was handled. For one, I'm not a huge fan on the seven on seven rules, because it is nothing like the real game, but I do see what and how this help the kids get ready for the real thing. It gives the corners, safeties and linebackers more time to practice on the man and man coverage in certain situations. What is your opinion? Is it great conditioning tool for the players that are playing and what teams are you impressed with?

I have said this a million times so what's one more time going to hurt. 7 on 7 is great! Great practice for the QB's, Recievers, Defense etc..Some playing and practicing 7 on 7 is better than not getting to practice and play it at all. Practice makes perfect!! I have personally seen QB's improve greatly from 7 on 7 before August. Hardin does a great job at the short pass stuff.

I was very impressed with what Coach Brooks and the coaching staff has been doing with the Jasper Bulldogs, from what I noticed I observed that the throwing skills of Dominque Bailey will improve with time,and the receivers will be better than before, I observed the speed of all the receivers(Kwame Spikes, Ryan Bronson, John Hadnot, Darrin Beavers, De Anthony Limberick, and William Ellis). Defense will return  the big Linebackers of Dan ta Rollins and AJ Bronson.  With a little more playing time, it will improve on the overall performance when dealing with man to man situations for the linebackers. A little tweaking in the secondary by moving some players around will be very impressive in the state tournament in Texas A&M IN July. I also noticed that when Jasper played Silsbee in the 7 on 7 , it bought back memories between the two quarterbacks, both players has the arms to get the ball to the receivers and you know they both can run, but in this situation, they could only work on the pocket presence and making quick decisions in 4 seconds. I really enjoyed these seven on seven series and with a little more practice Jasper will be ready to contend in seven on seven and when week 0 opens up against The Gilmer Bulldogs In Tyler Texas August 28. KEEP UP THE HARD WORK TO ALL THE PLAYERS.

Guest etbu

Jasper is good and is only going to get better with Brooks!!!

Jasper will be very good bc I saw them last year when they played Splendora in the first round. I think Jasper could go very deep with the talent they have coming back. I have mixed emotions about seven on seven bc saw a really good running back Reggie Brown tear out his acl one summer. I know they could get hurt but what the heck? What else do the kids have to do in the summer and keeps them busy.

I completely didn't think about taking some pictures and wish I would have cause it turned out to be a nice day and all. Sorry about that, I should have taken some.

If you take some next time please post them!!  8) 8)

there may be some at scout.com...there was a guy from there taking pics/video. 

Re the Jasper team...I was very impressed with their athleticism..very very quick...especially #11, he knew how to find an open seam.  Jasper QB has a good arm and looks very quick...coverage defense was a bit iffy since Hardin beat them 45-27 (or something like that).

7 on 7 is more like outside basketball than real football!! now I do believe it is good for QB's and recievers as far as throwing and catching. but it is easy to stand in there and throw the ball with out a rush and it is easy to catch a ball knowing you are not going to get HIT. And to me it is only good for a defense is if the team they are playing is running a real football style of offense and not an offense that is geared for 7 on 7. Defensing a 7 on 7 style of offense doesnt translate much to Friday nights.

On the up side it does keep the kids in condition.

It is not much, but there is a nice pic of the 2 advancing teams from the Hardin SQT: Hardin and Jasper.  see link...

This is the hidden content, please

It is amazing to learn that the Jasper QB Jeremy Johnson is only a sophomore; I expect to hear great things about this kid before he is done.

Guest tigersvoice

It is not much, but there is a nice pic of the 2 advancing teams from the Hardin SQT: Hardin and Jasper.  see link...

http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=143&p=2&c=755739

It is amazing to learn that the Jasper QB Jeremy Johnson is only a sophomore; I expect to hear great things about this kid before he is done.

Whoa there!  QB Jeremy Johnson belongs to us - THE SILSBEE TIGERS - (unless he's been traded and I didn't approve that trade). :o

Jeremy Johnson is from Silsbee.

Whoa there!  QB Jeremy Johnson belongs to us - THE SILSBEE TIGERS - (unless he's been traded and I didn't approve that trade). :o

whoops!! My bad... ;D  I take that back....SILSBEE'S Jeremy Johnson impressed me as did Jasper's QB.  Sorry Tigers fans...(Silsbee is the Tigers, right?)

Guest tigersvoice

whoops!! My bad... ;D  I take that back....SILSBEE'S Jeremy Johnson impressed me as did Jasper's QB.  Sorry Tigers fans...(Silsbee is the Tigers, right?)

Yeah, you should have seen the season ender last year between Silsbee and Jasper at Jasper.  Both QB's were all over the field.  Unfortunately for us (Silsbee) the Jasper QB was causing more scoring!  What a game though.  (You better be kidding about "Silsbee is the Tigers, right?"  Are you from around here? ???)

Yeah, you should have seen the season ender last year between Silsbee and Jasper at Jasper.  Both QB's were all over the field.  Unfortunately for us (Silsbee) the Jasper QB was causing more scoring!  What a game though.  (You better be kidding about "Silsbee is the Tigers, right?"  Are you from around here? ???)

yes, I am kidding about the "Silsbee is the Tigers, right"; I am from around here ::)  We go through Silsbee all the time going to Lake Sam Rayburn.

Seriously, sorry about the mixup about the QBs. 

Guest tigersvoice

yes, I am kidding about the "Silsbee is the Tigers, right"; I am from around here ::)  We go through Silsbee all the time going to Lake Sam Rayburn.

No problem!  And if you can't stop and visit on your way to the lake, at least honk and and say "Hey Tigers" as you go past the stadium.  I'll try to remember to invite you to one of the Silsbee home games in the 2008 football season.  I'll guarantee that if Johnson plays in the game, he will do some-thing that makes you go, "What the H??? was that!"

No problem!  And if you can't stop and visit on your way to the lake, at least honk and and say "Hey Tigers" as you go past the stadium.  I'll try to remember to invite you to one of the Silsbee home games in the 2008 football season.  I'll guarantee that if Johnson plays in the game, he will do some-thing that makes you go, "What the H??? was that!"

I appreciate the invite...I may just do that...come up and watch Silsbee play.  We happen to pass by the Silsbee HS every time we go to the lake and it is a gorgeous campus (even though the view is obscured by all those car dealerships  :D ).  I have never seen the stadium...is it as good looking as the school?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont