90 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

• BC
    • Jasper

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I think the one-gamers should be out-lawed unless mutually agreed.  On the other hand, as long as one-gamers are the rule the coach's job is to go for every available option that he thinks might help his team.  It may well back-fire.  Nothing is for sure in sports.

But for the pitching, Jasper is not without pitching.  They still have both pitchers who won games at state last year.  Plus, Cord Yates did a good job against Bellville.  Derrick Sowell has pitched well for Jasper since coming up from the JV.  You may get to see them all Friday night.   ;)  And in no particular order.   :)

sounds to me like some people are worried that BC cant take care of buisness in 1 game!!! I think jasper was very smart with going with one game! That forces them to pitch there ace which is coming off a lose! It will also be Jasper 3rd time to see him this year!!! but over all i think it will be a close game!!!

I am not really worried, especially since we have already seen them twice this season and won both times, and won with our "ace" as you say, so I don't think he will be worried at all.  I just like the three game series, get to see alot more baseball, and I for one like that!  And our number 2 and 3 have done an outstanding job on the mound for BC this year, so any number of the three that gets the nod will do fine. 

I am really surprised at the one game pick!  I would've thought that both would want the best of 3.  I just hope BC has the advantage since they have beaten Jasper both times this season.  I hate 1 game series!!!!!  This one should be the game of the year!  Good luck to both teams and I hope my Cards pull it out!

so if Jasper wins, BC will say it is because the one game is unfair?

All i got to say is BC and Jasper both have extremly great teams and this will be a great game...everything in my mind tells me that BC is going to win this one but i got a gut feeling that Jasper will pull out with the upset!!!

Yep, it's gonna be a good one I think!  I just hope BC's bats get hot the first inning!  

I am really surprised at the one game pick!  I would've thought that both would want the best of 3.  I just hope BC has the advantage since they have beaten Jasper both times this season.  I hate 1 game series!!!!!  This one should be the game of the year!  Good luck to both teams and I hope my Cards pull it out!

so if Jasper wins, BC will say it is because the one game is unfair?

Why would BC say it was unfair?  Don't think anyone on here has said anything like that........not sure what your point is with that statement.  Who ever wins, moves on, the other goes home, very simple.  I as a fan hate the one game, but didn't say it was unfair. 

Guest Orangeboy

Hicks will be on the mound right?  ??? ??? If so that is big load for the Sophmore!!!

It's a load this kid can carry, he pitched game 3 of the regional finals last year and pitched well enough to win.

Hicks will be on the mound right?  ??? ??? If so that is big load for the Sophmore!!!

It's a load this kid can carry, he pitched game 3 of the regional finals last year and pitched well enough to win.

Very true Circle. Plus he was the starting SS as a freshman which also is pressure packed

BC

Joe Robertson, SS (0-3, BB, R)

Matt Hicks, P (1-4, 2B)

Casey Jackson, C (2-3, HR)

Blake Hubbard, 3B (0-4)

Blake Snyder, 1B (3-4, HR, 2 runs)

Jaden Dillon, LF (1-2, R)

Dustin Breaux, CF (1-3, 2B, R)

Jason Clark, RF (2-3, BB, R)

Eric Matthews, 2B (0-4)

Hicks - 7IP, 6 runs, 6 hits, 4 BB, 10 Ks, 128 pitches

Jasper (not sure all positions cause I never even saw a lineup card)

Taylor Hart, CF (2-4, R)

Tyler Ernest (0-2, R)

Malcolm Bronson, RF (1-3, 2 Rs, HR)

John Bradley (0-2, BB)

Justin Parsons, P (2-4, R)

Ty Parker, C (1-3, HR)

Parker Phillips (1-2)

Cord Yates (0-2)

Aaron Stephenson (0-3)

Parsons 7IP, 7 Runs, 10 hits, two walks, 8 strike outs, 128 pitches

• Member Statistics

Total Members