Bob West's show- Franchione, Stump, etc.

Some Houston sportswriter was the guest on Bob West's show tonight and he alluded to Franchione - basically, Dennis wanted his son, Brad, to take over after 2-4 years.  This could be false, though.  But Bob mentioned something relevant- it's preposterous to build the program in two years .  Nevertheless, it sounds like the next coach is going to be Craig Stump. This is good news.  Franchione would've been a homerun, though, in my opinion.  Lamar will hire a new head football coach within two weeks.

Guest abovetherim

There is no way BT would hire Franchione for 2 years. Lamar would not play a league game before he is ready to call it quits. This just reaffirms my opinion. Coach Stump is the better fit for Lamar if the information about Franchione is correct.

If they have offered the job to Coach Stump why wait two weeks?

There is no way BT would hire Franchione for 2 years. Lamar would not play a league game before he is ready to call it quits. This just reaffirms my opinion. Coach Stump is the better fit for Lamar if the information about Franchione is correct.

If they have offered the job to Coach Stump why wait two weeks?

thay cannot come to terms on three points. If they do Stump is the man. However, Stump will not wait very long for Lamar to meet him at least half way.

Guest abovetherim

Let's take a guess here. Coach Stump wants a long term contract, wants to be able to make his own schedule, and wants to be able to hire who he wants for the coaching staff; especially the OC and DC positions.

Am I correct on any of the three?

Let's take a guess here. Coach Stump wants a long term contract, wants to be able to make his own schedule, and wants to be able to hire who he wants for the coaching staff; especially the OC and DC positions.

Am I correct on any of the three?

Salary. recruiting budget and number of assistants

Navarro’s Woodard is receiving strong support for LU job

Bob West column for Sunday, April 13

The Port Arthur News

If you’re looking for a dark-horse candidate on the Lamar University football job, the best bet is Navarro Junior College’s Ray Woodard. A UT football standout in the early 1980s, who spent a couple of seasons with Denver and Kansas City in the NFL

This is the hidden content, please

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder