Question

Anybody got anyone who does football instruction?, my son moves up to Jr tackle in STJFL and has always played Defense (H**l yeah) but now decides this year he would like to try running with the ball and see how the other side feels,any info would be appreciated

BTW hes 9 fixing to be 10

• 3 weeks later...

unless you're a coach or assistant, your kid won't get a chance to play where he wants.  he'll play where the coaches put him.  they have to make sure their kids are where they want them to be.  baseball is not the only place you see daddy ball.

Guest STJFL

fore,

You can't say that is always true, however it is true in some cases.  There are plenty of coaches that give all kids a chance to play different positions.  Every kid wants to be the QB, but every kid cannot play that position, at some point a coach has to make a decision about were to play a kid and sometimes he does what he feels is best for the team (not always).  I am not arguing with you but you can't make that statement about all coaches, some of them don'e even have kids on the field.

Thank goodness my boy has never wanted to be QB, always only wanted defense (to hit someone) but now thinks maybe he wants to try running with the ball, so hes running and asked me the other day to get him a a rotary lawnmower (they still make em Ace hardware $85) with gas prices thats good and will build his legs, but its still up to the coaches as to where he goes as hes on the small side but tough and can take a hit.But we will see when tryouts come

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder