Senior ShowCase

I've often heard grumbling from loyal supporters of SETex sports how many players are overlooked by the local recruiters. My question is this: Does the SETex region have the talent pool to support a Senior Showcase for the graduating seniors. The Showcase would be approved by the UIL and NCAA for attendance by D1 & D-11 coaches. Like anything else, there are pros and cons.

Some thoughts.......................................Comments are welcomed

* The event would have to be scheduled around a major event ( i.e.Kingwood Tournament).

*  Players would be All-District selections only or nominated by a college coach

*  Could Beaumont sustain such an event based on the location?

*  Maybe include Louisiana players?

If the montagne is availiable Beaumont could support it.  It should be like the Louisiana / Texas game in football.  The best seniors that have not already locked-up offers.  Publicity and attendance will be the issues. It cannot be held around march madness it will need to be a mid-April event and Kingwood does own that time period but they are all underclass recruits!!!!!!  This will be an event for coaches looking for a last recruit for their programs!

If the montagne is availiable Beaumont could support it.  It should be like the Louisiana / Texas game in football.  The best seniors that have not already locked-up offers.  Publicity and attendance will be the issues. It cannot be held around march madness it will need to be a mid-April event and Kingwood does own that time period but they are all underclass recruits!!!!!!  This will be an event for coaches looking for a last recruit for their programs!

Actually the coaches would be in the area because of the Kingwood Tourney.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder