Evadale vs. High Island ... friday/Evadale Wins/Comments

Should be a good game, can't wait to see how it turns out.  Evadale has the upper hand right now, but you never know how things turn around.  I don't see anyone else in the District beating Evadale this year.  Coach Williams has the Rebels hitting on all points right now.  Pitching is the key in 1A Baseball and Evadale has a good combination. 

The Cardinals will give them a run for on Friday!

Go Cardinals!

Evadale is a well coached ball club. They are a great group of kids and good sports. This game on friday will be a complete blowout in evadales favor.

I think even if High Island wins this game they still wont catch the Rebels in the race for first. The final standings will be

evadale

sabine pass

high island

haul daisette

west hardin

spurger

good luck rebels

Evadale is playing solid baseball.  Evadale's record speaks for the club's talent and coaching success.  If Evadale is playing at the top of their game, then little can be said for High Island attempt to repeat last year's run.  However, High Island thrives on being the underdog.  I recall some who wrote the Cardinal's out of any chance at the playoffs last year.  With Sievers gone, Evadale has returned with a taste, no a hunger to win.  Home (High Island) field is a small advantage, but no advantage at all if the Cardinals take themselves out of the game with self-inflicted wounds (errors).  If changes made this week have not been implemented to late in the season, then High Island may present a crack (wrinkle) or two in the monument that has already been erected to Evadale 2008 Championship Season.  If Evadale brings their bats to the beach, then the Cardinals better step up to the plate and hit the ball right back at them.  It should be a good game.        Pride Goeth Before a Fall....

Indeed pride does goeth before a fall. However, Evadale has someone who is a killer of pride: David Drake. He only gets better ever game and right now he is pitching at the top of his game and should make all-state with no problems. So HI faces an all state pitcher, a team with multiple sticks, a team with tremendous coaching, and a team that believes they should win. High Island indeed has a chance but a win by the Cards would be the upset of the week. I wish them luck.

Yah they are reigning district champs but this is a new season and last year. With Sievers gone they wont be in the race for first. Sabine Pass the 3rd place team from last season took them down in a hard fought game. Then the Rebels come back and 10 run rule the Sharks... I doubt that High Island will come out with this upset this week.

Evadale defeats High Island 12-2 in 6 innings.  Win brings Evadale's district record to 6-0 and an overall record of 14-2.

David Drake WP- 8k's. Pickoff at 3rd.

Rebels recorded 7 hits.

Tyler Tucker-Triple

Garrett Landis -Double

Allen Gregory-Double

Chris Clark-2 singles

I dont know how far Evadale will go in the playoffs but from what I hear from all of my friends and from what I have witnessed the Rebels 08 are kinda like The Gashouse Gang. They are a wirey group of players with some characters on the field and in the dugout. Like them or not they are very successfful this year. I cant wait to see them in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83