How many games will Lumberton win this year?

How many games will Lumberton win this year?  

1. 1. How many games will Lumberton win this year?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GoStangs

I'm quoting you on that...

I would go with Central over Ozen' date=' I don't think Ozen will even make the playoff this year, I never have been impressed with that team. I say they will be fourth or fifth in district..you can quote me on that.[/quote']

Now that that's out of the way, I have a very hard time thinking Ozen will not be a contender. They have been to the playoffs every year in their school's existence except in 2003 -- and it wasn't like they were that far away from making it that year.

I do think that way about Ozen, simply because that school should be 5A, I think BMT ISD should have keep Central and West Brook and by making Ozen a Magnet school it should be 5A, but some how BMT ISD has found a loop hole to keep the school 4A, this is nothing personal, I think the kids and coachs are doing a great job. I have a problem with the Politics, it is almost like BMT is trying to recreate Herbert, same colors, same mascot and same school. I played Hebert High, and Ozen will never be that team....Just one mans opinion.

Guest GoStangs

Central's also a magnet school, which means two out of the three public schools in the BISD are magnets. Do you think all 3 (Ozen, Central, and WB) should be 5A schools, despite two of them having 4A enrollments?

The point is Central was already a great school, and I did not realize that both Central and Ozen were magnets schools. The media and the whole of BMT seems to put Ozen on a pedestal and Central and West Brook, until the both starting winning were forgotten. Ozen is around 1500 students you tell me that if sent all these great student to the other two high school how much better those teams colud be. Instead Bmt is try to build a wining team of one campus. I hear this every but in Beaumont....again just a opinion.

Guest GoStangs

Central is a medical magnet school, actually, whereas Ozen is marketed to be an academic, fine arts, and technology magnet school.

I agree that anytime you increase the enrollment of a school, chances are you've also increased the talent pool at that school. However, Ozen has about 1,500 students and they compete against other schools with roughly the same enrollment and do pretty well. I know a lot of people feel the school was initially created to be a basketball mecca and some feel it was to excel in athletics generally, but I tend to think differently. I think it's just another school...

Either way, Ozen has had some very good football teams with some solid coaching, and they should make a good run at a district championship or playoff spot this year, as well.

Ozen gets all the treatment in Beaumont. West Brook and Central get nothing and it will always be that way with Dr. Thomas running the district. If you left it up to the parents I guarantee they would rather have West Brook in its own school district. I say west of I-10 and eastex freeway would be nice. Too bad this could never happen.

Central is a medical magnet school, actually, whereas Ozen is marketed to be an academic, fine arts, and technology magnet school

I read somewhere that Ozen was the worst school in Beaumont as far as test scores. Thats not saying much since all schools in BMT scored bad! How does the SUP keep his job?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124