*Bridge City vs. Jasper/7-6 Bridge City Wins/Comments*

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only edge was that Hicks got 10 strikeouts to Jasper's 8.

Good game!  Both teams of course will have to be consistent in the playoffs to be fortunate to meet again at Regional Final.

Another great performance by both teams.  Again I say,  #1 Bridge City #2 Jasper in 3A Poll.

Here is my copy/paste #15 on this thread, I hit this one on the head LOL......."BC in a close game as usual.  A long ball will win the game."

Guest Dirk Diggler

Don't talk too soon.. and this IS a real game I dont think they have fake games.... BC beat Jasper twice fair and square..But Im ready to see if these guys go at it again this year

There is no gaurantee BC will beat Jasper if they meet in the playoffs! That's what matters is the post season.

Don't talk too soon.. and this IS a real game I dont think they have fake games.... BC beat Jasper twice fair and square..But Im ready to see if these guys go at it again this year

There is no gaurantee BC will beat Jasper if they meet in the playoffs! That's what matters is the post season.

The District Championship is very important.

Guest Bulldog

I don't think Jasper will make it to the Reginal Finals just don't have that same feels like they did last year.......BC looks better and better as they move along and should be the favorite to win Region III.

The Rookie I still think it's very possible Jasper and BC could meet in the Regional Finals... BC only beat Jasper by a run each time they played each other Jasper had us down 5-0 that's saying something..but I believe Jasper had thier year last year and this year is Bridge City's year to go to State.. They just got to keep up the hard work and dedication and they're going to make it

Guest Orangeboy

I think Jasper's lineup is better this year 1-9. They seem to have more scrapy hitters. Defensively I think they are weaker.

I think its hard to look at these two teams and see what they have compared to the other districts.  But IMO  I think once again our district has the cream of the crop teams in it.  I think once again as last year you have the one and two ranked 3a teams in the state sitting right here in the SETX sports area. The team that makes it past the Regional game again IMO will plow thru the state playoffs just as Jasper did last year.  I would love to see Jasper do this again, but I would be just as proud if BC did it this year.

bc became the clear cut #1 team in my eyes last night, come back win on the road in the cold after being down five runs, talk about bouncing back and hicks settling down....i think its a little early to start crowning region champs though, there are two teams up north named carthage and lufkin hudson that can play ball in this region.

What a game on Friday!.... Aaron Stephenson (winning pitcher in state championship game last year)should be back for Jasper next week.  If he can stay healthy, come playoff time, Jasper should be ready for the playoffs.... Jasper will need to focus on a tough HF team for now. 

Guest Bulldog

The Rookie I still think it's very possible Jasper and BC could meet in the Regional Finals... BC only beat Jasper by a run each time they played each other Jasper had us down 5-0 that's saying something..but I believe Jasper had thier year last year and this year is Bridge City's year to go to State.. They just got to keep up the hard work and dedication and they're going to make it

Im just saying Jaspers run this year in the playoffs will be very tuff. They will end up having to play Needville or Sweey in the second round and possibly a much stronger Hudson team so i just believe it won't happen IMO. But if they make it out alive and to the regional finals they would have proven alot.............

Im just saying Jaspers run this year in the playoffs will be very tuff. They will end up having to play Needville or Sweey in the second round and possibly a much stronger Hudson team so i just believe it won't happen IMO. But if they make it out alive and to the regional finals they would have proven alot.............

Jasper has already handled Hudson once this year.

I don't think Jasper will make it to the Reginal Finals just don't have that same feels like they did last year.......BC looks better and better as they move along and should be the favorite to win Region III.

That is like saying last year that BC didn't have a very good chance to make it to the Reginal finals. I think there was more than 1 run difference in at least one of the regular season games with BC last year. Trust me BC wants to play jasper again as much as Jasper wanted to play them again last year.

Everyone is right Jasper will i a tough road to Regional this year, but believe me when i comes down to playoffs them boys are going to be ready!!! I Pray that Jasper and BC will meet in the Regional Finals again! That will pretty much the State game!! lol But I think if they do meet up again it will be a 3 game series and I believe Hick's will take a win and Parson's will take a win and i dunno what Jasper or BC will pull out for game 3!!  But very great and oh so close two games between that rivals!!

Jasper has already handled Hudson once this year.

15-0 or so, and ten run rule as I remember.  similar to the their last playoff game together last year.  but that means nothing if the two teams meet again.

The biggest thing for Jasper right now is whether Stephenson can come back 100 percent.  If he can, that will make an enormous difference down the playoff road, just like it did last year.  Jasper can take their game to another whole level with him on the mound, and Jasper has been doing pretty good without him on the mound.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami