*NEUMANN STAYING AT NEDERLAND*

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always viewed Neumann as one of the area's best, but I'd be curious to know the average Nederland HS teacher salary or even the building principal's salary. 

In response to the above post, I can tell you what we make and/or get in terms of a salary boost .... NOT ENOUGH!  The district gave us a measly 2% raise last August that didn't even cover our increase in our medical insurance premiums.  Now I don't begrude Coach Neumann at all but NISD staff as a whole is not happy that a district that always tells us "we don't have any money" all of a sudden can come up with an 18% raise just to keep a coach.  If any one of us resigned, they'd say nice knowing you.  I love football as much as the next guy but please these young men playing football are not going to be making a living playing professional football are they??  Where are our priorities???  That's an easy answer ... it's all about filling those football stands in the fall with paying fans to bring in more money!!!    >:(

I have always viewed Neumann as one of the area's best, but I'd be curious to know the average Nederland HS teacher salary or even the building principal's salary. 

In response to the above post, I can tell you what we make and/or get in terms of a salary boost .... NOT ENOUGH!   The district gave us a measly 2% raise last August that didn't even cover our increase in our medical insurance premiums.   Now I don't begrude Coach Neumann at all but NISD staff as a whole is not happy that a district that always tells us "we don't have any money" all of a sudden can come up with an 18% raise just to keep a coach.   If any one of us resigned, they'd say nice knowing you.  I love football as much as the next guy but please these young men playing football are not going to be making a living playing professional football are they??  Where are our priorities???  That's an easy answer ... it's all about filling those football stands in the fall with paying fans to bring in more money!!!    >:(

your position, yet true is not a popular one. It's become a way of life great coaches will always make more than great teachers.

In response to the above post, I can tell you what we make and/or get in terms of a salary boost .... NOT ENOUGH!   The district gave us a measly 2% raise last August that didn't even cover our increase in our medical insurance premiums.   Now I don't begrude Coach Neumann at all but NISD staff as a whole is not happy that a district that always tells us "we don't have any money" all of a sudden can come up with an 18% raise just to keep a coach.   If any one of us resigned, they'd say nice knowing you.  I love football as much as the next guy but please these young men playing football are not going to be making a living playing professional football are they??  Where are our priorities???  That's an easy answer ... it's all about filling those football stands in the fall with paying fans to bring in more money!!!    >:(

Why not pay coaches more? After all, they are the ones in the classrooms every day...."TEACHING TAKS", and teaching our kids to read and write properly. Shouldn't our teachers be the one's making the big bucks? Maybe not, they're not the one's generating revenue on Friday nights. Nothing against high paid coaches, but come on.......spend the money where it needs to be spent. This post definitely got a rise out of my wife, who is a teacher.

Are coaches not teachers also?  Lets remember that also, isn't coach neumann the AD?

Do athletic directors increase literacy rates? help kids learn anything useful? Lets face it fewer scholarships are handed out for athletes than for things such as Ag., BPA, U.I.L. literary competitions...the list goes on

Guest 87CRU79

Coaches teach our children life values! Working together as a team, trusting your teammates (co-workers) to carry their weight, working hard to attain a goal, among other things. It's not like these guys yell at kids all afternoon and collect fat pay checks, and most coaches are teachers. The Athletic Director is in charge of the physical education of all students in the school district.

Coaches teach our children life values! Working together as a team, trusting your teammates (co-workers) to carry their weight, working hard to attain a goal, among other things. It's not like these guys yell at kids all afternoon and collect fat pay checks, and most coaches are teachers. The Athletic Director is in charge of the physical education of all students in the school district.

The problem is that many ADs are paid for being good Football Coaches and not necessarily for the average job they do as ADs.  The AD title is just an add on to pay more for a football coach and often the most important part of the position which is AD takes a back seat to football.  Not necessarily right but it is the way it is.

They need to compare the hours coaches work compared to what they make also. I think teachers work hard also but coaches teach class then stay up at the school till 8pm at night on none game nights and spend their Saturdays and Sundays gameplaning for the next week.

I would love to see the average GPA of a student that dones nothing in high school, compared to a student-athlete.  I"m going to guess that there's a big difference.

I would like to see the GPA of students that are involved in somthing other than athletics EX Ag. I guarantee you students that are highly involved in Ag. such as raising show projects make higher grades than athletes.

The truth is if you are into athletics only you will never see the side of the academics, if you are on the academics side you probably will never "get" the athletics side. But the reality is we need both. If you want to have a great educational system you need them all. I have been on teams that wrote system software that forced me to use all that I learned in school. The coaches taught me how to be a member of a team and how to work with people that sometimes I really didn't care about but to win I had to learn to get along with. Teachers taught me how to think logically and how to work with numbers. You use all that in programming. Who taught me the most important lessons? That's hard to say, because I still use them all to this day. We need them all and who should get paid the most is hard to say because life is not fair (learned that from a coach, the best team doesn't always win) some people get raises and some don't, but life has a way of equalizing everything in the end.

The truth is if you are into athletics only you will never see the side of the academics, if you are on the academics side you probably will never "get" the athletics side. But the reality is we need both. If you want to have a great educational system you need them all. I have been on teams that wrote system software that forced me to use all that I learned in school. The coaches taught me how to be a member of a team and how to work with people that sometimes I really didn't care about but to win I had to learn to get along with. Teachers taught me how to think logically and how to work with numbers. You use all that in programming. Who taught me the most important lessons? That's hard to say, because I still use them all to this day. We need them all and who should get paid the most is hard to say because life is not fair (learned that from a coach, the best team doesn't always win) some people get raises and some don't, but life has a way of equalizing everything in the end.

Great post.

nice analogy!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed