Anderson Silva=Neo

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who can beat him at 185.  The only one I can see that would have any chance at all is wanderlei silva if he were to drop down.  I still don't see anderson losing though.  If he moved up to 205 then I think you would find some fighters capable, ala rampage, liddell, maybe even shogun or machida.  But right now, at 185, anderson silva is tops.

Heres a few:  Matt Lindland; Paulo Filho; CUNG LE!!!!!  Le will destroy ANYONE they put in front of him! If Anderson moves up hes in more trouble!

If the UFC wants to keep their top notch fighters they will start cross promoting! Use to the UFC was bigger than MMA, now with two companys signing deals with CBS and NBC their monopoly no longer exists.

Matt lindland and Paulo Filho have no chance with Anderson Silva.  Cung Le was impressive against Frank Shamrock, but Shamrock also never took him to the ground, where I believe he would have beaten Le.  Anderson Silva is the top man in the world at 185.  Boy I sure would like to see him and Cung Le fight though. Man that would be incredible. 

As of now it just doesn't make sense for the UFC to cross promote.  They are still too big to gain from it.  All they would be doing is giving lesser organizations publicity and power. It doesn't make business sense. Sucks for fans, but that's how it is.  I also don't think you will see anything come of the CBS and NBC deals, for two reasons:  1) the organizations who inked those deals both continue to try to bank their futures on one fighter.  If that fighter goes down, their promotion goes down the drain.  2) All these networks have done is give the organizations crappy timeslots.  No primetime.  Without primetime, the organizations will flop, and if they don't, they will at least not get enough exposure before the UFC figures something out.  The only hope for a competitor with the UFC is HDNet, because of Mark Cuban.  He seems serious about really doing well there.  We'll see how it plays out.

Matt lindland and Paulo Filho have no chance with Anderson Silva.  Cung Le was impressive against Frank Shamrock, but Shamrock also never took him to the ground, where I believe he would have beaten Le.  Anderson Silva is the top man in the world at 185.  Boy I sure would like to see him and Cung Le fight though. Man that would be incredible. 

As of now it just doesn't make sense for the UFC to cross promote.  They are still too big to gain from it.  All they would be doing is giving lesser organizations publicity and power. It doesn't make business sense. Sucks for fans, but that's how it is.  I also don't think you will see anything come of the CBS and NBC deals, for two reasons:  1) the organizations who inked those deals both continue to try to bank their futures on one fighter.  If that fighter goes down, their promotion goes down the drain.  2) All these networks have done is give the organizations crappy timeslots.  No primetime.  Without primetime, the organizations will flop, and if they don't, they will at least not get enough exposure before the UFC figures something out.  The only hope for a competitor with the UFC is HDNet, because of Mark Cuban.  He seems serious about really doing well there.  We'll see how it plays out.

Cung was a monster! It seemed like before the broken arm Frank was kinda figuring him out. I also heard that Frank didnt shoot in because he had a blown ACL.... Maybe theres a rematch on the horizon.

Also, I heard about a few of the matchups for the first CBS show; Kimbo VS. James Thompson.... C'MON they couldnt get a better matchup than this?  ::)

I (morpheus) don't thank anyone can beat him after the showing against Dan Henderson(who beat wandaleigh silva). He dominated the second round and his muay thai is second to none.he is incredibally long and flexible and also has great jiu. i was under the impression that the two most good organizations where the ufc and pride and henderson was the best pride had at 185.i

I definitely think there will be a rematch with Le and Shamrock.  I hope Le kicks the crap out of him and brakes another limb.  The Kimbo fight is scheduled for 2 a.m....I think I'll wait and watch it at a later time.

I like Cung and I think he has an incredible future, but I hope Frank will take him to the ground and prove Cungs ground game is weak.

Cung better hope he develops decent takedown defense then...I just like Cung Le, he's fun to watch and he's a standup guy.  I'm not much on either of the shamrocks. Never have been, even when they were good.

Ken has seen his better days but I think Frank still has alot left....Frank destroying Baroni wasnt a fluke.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83