*Ozen 7 Lumberton 6 Final/Comments*

I'm not sure what your purpose was in even posting that JV score, perhaps the most humiliating I have ever seen, on this thread. Did that make you feel better about the one run varsity loss which was the topic on the thread?

I posted it because it was obviously a crazy game.  And yes in a time where the varsity isn't doing well it's nice to know there is some hope. I can be proud and brag about the school I support just like everyone else on here.  I feel badly for those kids, but when there are jv accomplishments something should be said. I think the jv teams should get more mention on here, because there are some really great players on those teams, especially from teams like PNG and Nederland, etc. where the varsities are so strong. So I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, but it is just a thread on a website.

I'm not sure what your purpose was in even posting that JV score, perhaps the most humiliating I have ever seen, on this thread. Did that make you feel better about the one run varsity loss which was the topic on the thread?

Are you suggesting that a new thread be started about the JV score???  If so, then the Lumberton fans have every right to do that.  You can ALWAYS "pull off the dogs" in basketball...freakin' go into a stall!!!  You beat someone by 60-ish in basketball, you got to take your lumps when you get 'em.  What goes around comes around.  Heard a coach once say if you don't want to get beat bad...get better.

I don't really understand what logic you're talking about.  Either one being classless was never the issue, personally I don't think either were classless.  Both were unfortunate for the losing side, but it was not a "got to pay um back" issue.  Never was that attitude rendered by any of us on this thread I don't think. I will point out though that I don't remember reading any whining about humiliating scores on here when those boys from basketball lost by however many they lost.  I will also point out that I was told that the ozen jv baseball team might be having some large trouble with eligibility, which is understandable, every team of every school goes through it at some point, and would have contributed to their performance.  I was also told that the lumberton coaches did what they could to slacken what was happening, within reason of course.  You can't have kids skipping down the baseline, that's humiliating for everyone.  Again, I cannot speak from sight, only what I was told. Take that as you may.

VOP, I really am sorry for upsetting you. I do not know if you hail from Ozen or not, but my intention was not to point a finger and laugh at those boys. If it had been, I would have created an entire thread to it.  My intention was to bring to attention an interesting junior varsity game, as jv threads are scarce on here.  I will confess it is nice to know there is hope for some future success in lumberton baseball, especially with the varsity struggles it is enduring.  And congrats to ozen varsity baseball. I heard it was a good game.     

I'm glad that you guys are happy and proud that several months later, in a completely different sport you "got to pay um back"

If I understand your logic, one classless act deserves another?

first off...i'm not from lumberton, nor do i have any allegience to the place.  i simply thought that your post was assinine.  class or no class, if you run the score up on someone, expect the same in return.  ozen would have shown "class" in basketball, maybe the whole thing is avoided....i don't know, maybe not.  what i'm saying is...do unto others...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124