*Bridge City vs. Kirbyville/12-2 BC Wins/Comments*

Guest Orangeboy

Hubbard had a homer and 4 more RBI's on the day. This kid is really stepping up for my Cards. Hicks and Dillon also had very solid days. Take it to the Horns now boys.

Hubbard, Cards stay hot with 12-2 win over Wildcats

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

BRIDGE CITY — Blake Hubbard is certainly having his way with pitchers so far in the District 21-3A loop for the Bridge City Cardinals.

Hubbard had four RBI, three runs and a home run Wednesday afternoon as the Cardinals powered past the Kirbyville Wildcats 12-2 in five innings at Cardinal Field.

Bridge City is now 12-3 overall and a perfect 4-0 in the district standings. Hamshire-Fannett is the next team to try to take down the Cardinals as the two will meet up today at Cardinal Field.

Hubbard has certainly been on a tear since the district season started and in an in an important part of the lineup.

Hubbard has been in the No. 4 spot, one behind senior slugger Casey Jackson.

“It is an important spot,†Hubbard said on Wednesday. “It was important against Jasper last week too. I know I have to step up behind Casey and get a hit.â€

Hubbard game up with the game-winning hit against Jasper after the Bulldogs decided to intentionally walk Jackson. Then against Orangefield, Hubbard had two home runs and four RBI.

“I don’t know where the hitting is coming from,†Hubbard said. “I have done a lot of hitting in practice and it is finally coming through on the field. At the first of the year I wasn’t getting many at bats and then I was hitting everything on the ground. I have made some adjustments and the ball its getting up a bit.â€

Jaden Dillon got the win on the mound for the Cardinals as the senior went all five innings giving up two runs on three hits with just two walks and eight strike outs. Dillon also had a RBI, a run scored and a double.

Hubbard was far from alone in the offensive parade for the Cardinals on Wednesday.

Sophomore Matt Hicks was 1-for-2 at the plate with two runs and a two-run home run in the bottom of the third.

Joe Robertson scored twice while Jackson drew two walks and scored a run.

Jason Clark had a RBI single in the second, Eric Matthews finished 1-for-3 with a run and RBI while Blake Snyder added a run and a RBI.

Mikey Adams took the loss for the Wildcats as he went two innings giving up 11 runs on seven hits with three walks, three hit batters and two strike outs.

Hubbard likes the Cardinals’ chances in the 21-3A race with the way Bridge City has been receiving both great pitching and hitting.

“We have been doing great,†Hubbard said. “Now we just have to keep it up and not get the big head.â€

great job blake as i said before its been a long time coming but glad you finally got an oppertunity to do what youve always been able to do and thats crush a baseball !! continue to do so and ill be pulling for ya tell your dad i said hello .  could sure use your stick here in nederland  ;D.

great job blake as i said before its been a long time coming but glad you finally got an oppertunity to do what youve always been able to do and thats crush a baseball !! continue to do so and ill be pulling for ya tell your dad i said hello .   could sure use your stick here in nederland  ;D.

I REALLY think this unfair!

The opposing pitchers are throwing every other player baseballs when they bat.  Right now, Hubbard is getting BEACH BALLS pitched to him!  ;D  :o

Good job Cardinals keep up the hard work!! This team is solid 1-9 and the Bench Players too you guys have what it takes to get the job done just keep working hard and just keep doing what you're doing!  ;D ;)

I also think 10,11 & 12 are pretty solid too and so does Coach Bryant or they wouldn't be there! They are a TEAM and they are doing a great job together - working as a team!  I think it's more important to congratulate all of them rather than saying 1-9 and depending on the day 1-9 change up!  So Good job BC!!!! Keep up the good work you all have worked very hard and deserve being on this great varsity team!

Good job Cardinals keep up the hard work!! This team is solid 1-9 and the Bench Players too you guys have what it takes to get the job done just keep working hard and just keep doing what you're doing!  ;D ;)

I also think 10,11 & 12 are pretty solid too and so does Coach Bryant or they wouldn't be there! They are a TEAM and they are doing a great job together - working as a team!  I think it's more important to congratulate all of them rather than saying 1-9 and depending on the day 1-9 change up!  So Good job BC!!!! Keep up the good work you all have worked very hard and deserve being on this great varsity team!

Okay you have to read the part I wrote after 1-9  ;) ALL THE PLAYERS ARE GOOD

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder