If Beasley was WO-S's "only player" last year...

Guest kosmo

You will have to explain it me too. I watched them last year and on offense, they were one sprained ankle away from being a mediocre ball club. The defense was stout, no question. And Earl Thomas is a very solid running back, as well. But last year they were one dimesional and that one dimesion was Beasley. If he is not on the field last year, they go 7-3 at best. I am not trying to ruffle feathers mind you, (although I am sure this is going to). I am just stating one man's opinion.

You will have to explain it me too. I watched them last year and on offense' date=' they were one sprained ankle away from being a mediocre ball club. The defense was stout, no question. And Earl Thomas is a very solid running back, as well. But last year they were one dimesional and that one dimesion was Beasley. If he is not on the field last year, they go 7-3 at best. I am not trying to ruffle feathers mind you, (although I am sure this is going to). I am just stating one man's opinion.[/quote']

Well this one deminsional Offense ran yall off the field 8)

Typical BC JEALOUSY once again. Our one demensional offense got us to the Semi's also. I gues when yall made it last year,...oh wait a minute yall didnt. :twisted: Thats what I thought! Bye the way, wishful thinking doesnt help you win. Whats the history? WOS 26 wins BC 0! :D

Guest kosmo

I should have known that KICKER couldn't take an opinion without bashing the person who wrote it. Listen, or read since you can't hear me talking. I was not trashing the mustang football program or saying that BC was the better team because we hung in with ya'll last year. As a matter of fact I don't recall me mentioning Bridge City football at all in my post. I was simply stating an opinion. You don't need to start your typical WOS is superior to God and the universe rants. Grow up a little bit and don't get your panties in a knot. You're response to my post was pulled from out in left field. Check that, it was from another freaking planet. After me being on here for a little longer, you will learn that I will write what I see about each team, player or topic. Even if that includes trashing my own. I will throttle BC if they do something stupid or I agree with something that is said about our team. I don't put BC on a pedestal and worship everything they do like some WOS fans do. Simmer down and take a critical opinion about your ball club. The sun will still come up in the morning if something bad is said about a WOS team or player.

I should have known that KICKER couldn't take an opinion without bashing the person who wrote it. Listen' date=' or read since you can't hear me talking. I was not trashing the mustang football program or saying that BC was the better team because we hung in with ya'll last year. As a matter of fact I don't recall me mentioning Bridge City football at all in my post. I was simply stating an opinion. You don't need to start your typical WOS is superior to God and the universe rants. Grow up a little bit and don't get your panties in a knot. You're response to my post was pulled from out in left field. Check that, it was from another freaking planet. After me being on here for a little longer, you will learn that I will write what I see about each team, player or topic. Even if that includes trashing my own. I will throttle BC if they do something stupid or I agree with something that is said about our team. I don't put BC on a pedestal and worship everything they do like some WOS fans do. Simmer down and take a critical opinion about your ball club. The sun will still come up in the morning if something bad is said about a WOS team or player.[/quote']

Don't feel bad, they deleted my post, which only said WOS would have lost 3 games last year without Beasley. Nothing sarcastic in that.

Well... I can take critiqueing. If you experts say WO-S was a 7-3 team please back that analogy with a reason for your conclusion. If we would have had 3 losses in the regular season, who would they have been to? Keep in mind, you can't figure the games as if we would not have had someone playing QB. If we didn't have Beasley, we would have had someone else back there. Either Earl Thomas or Andre Bevil, who was a much more accomplished passer than Beasley. So let us know which games we would not have won and why. Also, in those games, let us know what Beasley did for us that another person, playing that position, wouldn't.

While your at it, go ahead and give us what BC's record would have been without Dishon. We all know what happened the one game they played without him. Please give us some insight on what would have happened in the rest.

Not trying to ruffle feathers, but I think Dishon meant waaaaay more to BC's team than Beasley did to WO-S. I truly believe that BC was a 5-5 team without Dishon.

Guest kosmo

Oh my dear lord. You people (and by you people, I mean WOS fans) kill me. For one thing I am did not make an analogy, I made a statement. And that statement was very simple to understand. There was no way to confuse it. If they did not have Beasley they are a 7-3 team. I don't need to say anything to back it up. If you put another QB in there, fine. They still would have lost three games, at least. I am not going to write a war and peace novel on why they would have lost three games, and against what teams, and by what margin, and what the quadratic equation has to do with real life. Take it for what it is. And by the way, don't tell anyone, but I agree with your assesment of BC. (see it doesn't hurt for someone to say something about your team and have you agree with it) We would have been 6-4 at best without Dishon. I say that because our schedule was pretty weak. If we didn't have JD this year we might go 3-7. This district is pretty tough and we are young. Buc up WOS faithful, it will be OK. Beasley is gone and you guys should be pretty good again this year. I better go before you guys crucify me for "slandering" the Great Deon.

Oh my dear lord. You people (and by you people' date=' I mean WOS fans) kill me. For one thing I am did not make an analogy, I made a statement. And that statement was very simple to understand. There was no way to confuse it. If they did not have Beasley they are a 7-3 team. I don't need to say anything to back it up. If you put another QB in there, fine. They still would have lost three games, at least. I am not going to write a war and peace novel on why they would have lost three games, and against what teams, and by what margin, and what the quadratic equation has to do with real life. Take it for what it is. And by the way, don't tell anyone, but I agree with your assesment of BC. (see it doesn't hurt for someone to say something about your team and have you agree with it) We would have been 6-4 at best without Dishon. I say that because our schedule was pretty weak. If we didn't have JD this year we might go 3-7. This district is pretty tough and we are young. Buc up WOS faithful, it will be OK. Beasley is gone and you guys should be pretty good again this year. I better go before you guys crucify me for "slandering" the Great Deon.[/quote']

Well.......lets see...... First. I dont get my Panties in a wad because I wear boxer briefs. 2nd Anytime a BC or LCM poster gets on here, a "statement" yall post is typically aimed towards WOS bashing. 3rd I dont think we are "God" or "superior to God" (but thanks for implying that) :D , I just KNOW WE ARE BETTER THAN YALL. Probably even our cafateria food. 4th "I will throttle BC if they do something stupid or I agree with something that is said about our team." So what did we do stupid? 5th "I don't put BC on a pedestal and worship everything they do like some WOS fans do." Well, what has BC done to even put them on a pedestal? :lol: 6th When you actually HAVE a history of winning, yall will understand.

Lastly, chill out. This is all for fun. :D

kosmosis... by making statements that contain "they are" or "would be" it insinuates that you have arrived at your decision by analyzing some kind of info. I guess the idea that we would be 7-3 just popped into your head and there was no information or games witnessed that would draw you to that conclusion, innate knowledge I think they call it... sorry man.

We (as in WO-S fans) are sorry we ruffled your tail feathers. We will be sure as to not respond in any manner other than a positive one about any of your posts in the future. Since you are so objective about how good your team is, I (we) thought you would have the same objectivity towards a rebuttle to one of your posts. :wink:

Guest GoStangs

they were one sprained ankle away from being a mediocre ball club... If he is not on the field last year, they go 7-3 at best.

Your definition of a "mediocre ball club" is a team that goes 7-3? That may be the funniest thing I've read in a long while. Using your definition, I imagine a lot of teams would strive to be mediocre -- it would be quite an improvement from average.

Since 7-3 means the season ended in a loss in the first round of the playoffs (WOS had 9 regular season games last year), you're indicating they would've lost to Huffman (a team they beat by 20 points) and two pre-playoff games, presumably against Jasper and Bay City, the two closest games of the year. It's nice to know a mediocre team can roll through a tough district unscathed, though.

I really appreciate the phrase, "I am not trying to ruffle feathers..." especially when you're throwing words around like "mediocre" to describe an entire team (less one player). I wonder, when you use inflammatory words like that, what are you trying to do? Remember, last year's team not only had Beasley, who was a great athlete, but also at least three other D1 players -- LaDarius White (all state, honorable mention), Earl Thomas (all state, 2nd team), and Jacoby Franks (all state, honorable mention). I think it's obvious WOS had a pretty good amount of talent on last year's team in addition to Beasley.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami