23-aa Football for 2008-09

Guest blade_65

Guest tudah08

FOR ANYBODY TO MAKE A PREDICTION AS TO WHO WILL WIN A REAL FOOTBALL GAME BASED ON 7 ON 7 HAS LOST THEIR MIND.  I CAN PROMISE YOU BARBAY PUTS VERY LITTLE STOCK IN 7 ON 7.  HE JUST WANTS THE KIDS DOING SOMETHING AND NOT SITTING AROUND ON THEIR BUTT.  ANAHAUC WILL BE MUCH IMPROVED - VERY MUCH IMPROVED. 

I AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT BECAUSE 7 ON 7 IS JUST SOMETHINGS THE BOIES CAN DO TO STAY IN SHAPE. WHEN NOVEMBER GETS HERE WE WILL KNOW WHO HAS BEEN PRACTING AND WHO HASN'T

My predictions are

1.Anahuac

2.Kountze

3.East Chambers

4.Hardin

5.Buna

6.Deweville

7.Warren

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Georgetown how well 7 on 7 prepares you for football.  They won the state championship in 7 on 7 last year and that translated to a season in which they did not make the playoffs.  In a division that takes FOUR teams from each disctrict.

Beyond kids writing on here,  everyone in the district has to replace some solid positions in the district

Hardin - marsh and Nolan

kountze - walcot and big 74

Anahuac - QB and DB # 8 and #1

EC -  #1 Thomas

Buna - the offensive line  and some skilled kids

Deweyville - the injury bug got them and know Bickham is the biggest position to be filled

Warren - ?

Yes, we lost Walcott and Chad but we lost Chad in the middle of the season to a knee injury. We have several young men fully able to lead this team to a district championship.  Takes more than 2 or 3 players to make a team.  We have a very good team that want this season to be the best, so that ppl will start taking us serious.  Have a great season guys!!!!

Guest ECBucFan

Ask Georgetown how well 7 on 7 prepares you for football.  They won the state championship in 7 on 7 last year and that translated to a season in which they did not make the playoffs.  In a division that takes FOUR teams from each disctrict.

Thats a real good point. I stay out of all the 7on7 hooplah that some certain teams and fans get sooooo worked up about, and that post just validated my assumptions about the real worth of 7on7. I am not bashing it, I just realize 7 on 7 sucess has a real weak (if any) translation to real football performance. It kinda reminds me of the relation of JV sucess to varsity sucess. 5A and 4A probably matters some, in 2A its all but meaningless as an indicator. 

Thats a real good point. I stay out of all the 7on7 hooplah that some certain teams and fans get sooooo worked up about, and that post just validated my assumptions about the real worth of 7on7. I am not bashing it, I just realize 7 on 7 sucess has a real weak (if any) translation to real football performance. It kinda reminds me of the relation of JV sucess to varsity sucess. 5A and 4A probably matters some, in 2A its all but meaningless as an indicator. 

Totally agree with this post.

Don't get me wrong.  7 on 7 is far from worthless.  Great way for kids to stay in shape and to train still developing muscles etc..

But yeah, using 7 on 7 results to predict football success is like saying a school will win discrict in football because they did well in baseball.

Um, it's either 13 or 14. EC has one of the longest streaks in the area.  :)

With the monster O-Line we'll have for the next two years I don't think it will end soon. I bet those guys average over 250 lbs. And over 6'2''. Not sure what's common for a 2a school but I'd bet its not that big.

Guest blade_65

cant y'all EC fans find anyting else to talk about

in the coming days even weeks you will start to get nervous and wonder if this is the year you lose the district crown

i am all for big offensive lines but buna, anahuac, dewyville, and warren all have big lines

so all these teams should battle for the district title?

With the monster O-Line we'll have for the next two years I don't think it will end soon. I bet those guys average over 250 lbs. And over 6'2''. Not sure what's common for a 2a school but I'd bet its not that big.

Yea a big line is good and all but sometimes size dosent matter. Kountze's backfield avereged more than there line. and they made a good run. There line will be a little smaller but defentily a lot stronger.

Yea a big line is good and all but sometimes size dosent matter. Kountze's backfield avereged more than there line. and they made a good run. There line will be a little smaller but defentily a lot stronger.

How do you know they'll be a lot stronger?

Guest A-TOWN

So i wouldn't count buna out just because we lost our front 5. The program is building and kids will step up and fill shoes. The Buna Cougars will not disappoint!

I still have faith in Buna, and deep down i still think they will make the playoffs

How do you know they'll be a lot stronger?

Because I play on it. were a little smaller but defentily stronger

Guest ECBucFan

in the coming days even weeks you will start to get nervous and wonder if this is the year you lose the district crown

i am all for big offensive lines but buna, anahuac, dewyville, and warren all have big lines

EC fans arn't the ones sounding nervous...  ;D

Guest A-TOWN

Remember East Chambers shared the district title with Buna last season

How can we forget you'll feel the need to remind us on every thread about 23 2a

Guest A-TOWN

[/qu

How can we forget you'll feel the need to remind us on every thread about 23 2a

Yes and all we hear is East Chambers back 2 back District champs. Yes yall beat Buna but yall lost to Kountze and that made yall 1 half of an District Champ

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83