Newton 2008 Schedule

Hey Mr. Ned11,  I'm so sorry about your medical condition. I just figured that since you lived here your whole life, you must have been in a coma in 90 and 91 when Newton, that little ol' town you never heard of and assumed was six man, played your mighty bulldogs and taught them a little thing or ---> 13-6 and 42-20. And just incase you were in any other impaired mental states, I think I have some copies of the Beaumont Enterprise from '74 '98 '04 and '05 with Newton on the front cover playing in the "texas" state championship that your welcome to catch up on. Again I'm sooo sorry. Hope you get better.

Hey Mr. Ned11,  I'm so sorry about your medical condition. I just figured that since you lived here your whole life, you must have been in a coma in 90 and 91 when Newton, that little ol' town you never heard of and assumed was six man, played your mighty bulldogs and taught them a little thing or ---> 13-6 and 42-20. And just incase you were in any other impaired mental states, I think I have some copies of the Beaumont Enterprise from '74 '98 '04 and '05 with Newton on the front cover playing in the "texas" state championship that your welcome to catch up on. Again I'm sooo sorry. Hope you get better.

You have newspapers from 1974 ? Are you a collector or you just someone who lives in the past ? There is a term for that medical condition .

your right i do have a little condition myself. my doc says its winningitis and as you guessed it being so successful over the years has caused it. its not contagious so dont worry.............well i understand your point of view. 50 years without a state title can be pretty rough. i'm sure you'll keep a little newspaper clipping """""if""""" you ever win another state championship..............incase i never got around to it, newton is a 2A school 15 miles east of jasper with just under 400 kids total. that has to be just like one class at nederland. sucks to get beat by those lil ol schools huh

your right i do have a little condition myself. my doc says its winningitis and as you guessed it being so successful over the years has caused it. its not contagious so dont worry.............well i understand your point of view. 50 years without a state title can be pretty rough. i'm sure you'll keep a little newspaper clipping """""if""""" you ever win another state championship..............incase i never got around to it, newton is a 2A school 15 miles east of jasper with just under 400 kids total. that has to be just like one class at nederland. sucks to get beat by those lil ol schools huh

I just did some research on the net to see if I could find any record of Newton being in a state championship . This is what I came up with:

**Three Newton VICA students came home with a state of Texas championship trophy . The boys names were  Bubba Johnson , Earl Ray Hicks and Billy "GOAT" Grimmiss . These young men displayed their talent in front a crowd of about 230 unlookers March 4, 1974. It was Newtons first trip to the state logging championship and they made the best out of the situation by wowing the judges and fans with stellar sawmanship that would be hard to rival. They were greeted back at their home town of Newton with a town parade which circled the Brookshire Brothers parking lot. Sporting their  overalls with their purple saws displayed over their shoulders you could tell these 3 were the true definition of the word "CHAMPIONS". One fan said "Great job guys, We are all pround" another fan then said " Way to go , now how much will it cost to get my land cleared".

Duff McGuillicudy reporting , Newton county news.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed