***Lamar at SE LA game thread./LU FALLS***

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19-10(13-3) and the SLC East Champs is a great season for Lamar.  If you knew ahead of time that this was the outcome everyone would have taken it and not thought twice about.  Now it is a different season and it is a season that we need to start 3-0!!!!!!  If they lose the season is over.  There will be no post season tournament.  Play each game like it is your last....just NOT your last regular season game! ;)

Not saying this to be mean but if we can't beat SE La. then how in the heck will we win a Tournemnt game in the NIT or NCAA?????????????????

Not saying this to be mean but if we can't beat SE La. then how in the heck will we win a Tournemnt game in the NIT or NCAA?????????????????

If you choke in front of 200, how can you play on national tv. This could be a wasted season. I hope they understand what this

sorry effort means.

Guest abovetherim

I don't think it was effort. I mean come on man, the first outright Conference Championship in 24 years and you don't think the effort was there.

I don't think it was effort. I mean come on man, the first outright Conference Championship in 24 years and you don't think the effort was there.

No I don't think the effort was there today. 24 years, 5 years, 1,000 years has nothing to do with it. I can't count the number of missed Layups, 10 missed ft's, very poor defense if SELA was scoring layup after layup, and there was a stretch where LU had 9 times to score, but scored just 1 time. Very poor effort.

Now Lamar will need to beat UTA, then Sam Houston, then SFA to dance. Lamar blew it, SFA has the easier route to the championship game. Unless one

of those teams lose, I can't see Lamar winning all 3.

If you choke in front of 200, how can you play on national tv. This could be a wasted season. I hope they understand what this

sorry effort means.

You guys need to chill out and give this team and coach credit for a very good season to this point.  The effort was good, no great, as it has been throughout the entire season by these guys.  The shots were just not falling today.  Southeast is not a terrible team and will likely be the 4th seed in the tournament when the dust settles tonight.  I would not be shocked at all if they upset SFA in the semifinal game.  We may see them again next Sunday.

Now our guys need to regroup and prepare to kick butt in the conference tournament.

Congratulations on a conference Championship to Roc and the Cards.

Guest abovetherim

May not make either Tournment.

There is a third tournament but I think we'd have to make the conference finals for any shot. Basically, I think the NIT went out the window with the loss today. Either the NCAA or the 3rd tournament (forgot the name of it).

SELA lost 4 of 5 starters from a 8-8 team. SELA lost at home to TAMCC, UTSA, and UTA. If Lamar can't beat them, then LU

has no chance in the slc. Let me repeat that, SELA lost to UTSA at home. UTSA is the weakest team in the tourney.

Now UTA and Mcneese is fighting to play Lamar in the first round.

If you choke in front of 200, how can you play on national tv.

i heard it was less than 200 in an arena that seats 8000.  and some people think lamar has bad attendance. 

Guest coachacola

I think the team was emotionally drained from Thursday night.  They shot unbelievably Thursday night and appears they didn't have anything left in the tank for today's game.  Since this was an afternoon game they had barely a day to get ready for this game.

This season has been a success, but it's been a real roller coaster ride.  High expectations before the season started then all those loses in November.  Then the team gets hot and wins 11 straight in conference with a chance for a 20 win season and an automatic NIT bid.  Now 2 loses in 3 games and a tough 3 game SLC tourney coming up.

SFA would probably represent the SLC better in the NCAA tourney because of their RPI they'd be a 14 or 15 seed.  But I don't care about that, I want to see Lamar back in the tourney, even if they're in the play-in game.  Three games in four days at a neutral site.  No dominate team in the SLC.  I'll be in Katy Sunday at the game watching Lamar return to the NCAA tourney again.

May not make either Tournment.

There is a third tourament but I think we'd have to make the conference finals for any shot. Basically, I think the NIT went out the window with the loss today. Either the NCAA or the 3rd tournament (forgot the name of it).

CBI I think. I doubt after this lost our rpi will be too low.

I think wasted season is a little harsh.  Since when is  Co- conference champions a wasted season?  I attended the game today and there were maybe 20 Lamar fans there supporting this team.  Yes I realize the game was 3 hours away but for this to be one of their biggest games you'd think more people would try to attend to support them (JMO of course).  There is alot to be said for having fan support cheering you on.  Yes I have seen them play better but I have also seen them play worse.  I am very proud of these boys and they have nothing to hang their heads about.  It's time to regroup and come out fighting on Thursday with as many LU fans that can make it rooting them on.  Lets show everyone why we have the highest attendance in the SLC.  Go Cards!!!

Guest abovetherim

Missed shots, from the field and free throw line, doom Lamar's bid to be SLC's top seed

As Saturday's game ended, however, Roccaforte's mind wasn't on the future. Instead, The Cardinals' coach was still fuming over a chain of events that unfolded with 5:37 remaining.

At that moment, reserve forward Jay Brown and Southeastern's Warrell Span collided wildly, just as just as Span made his final move toward the goal for a layup.

Span crashed to the floor, landing on his back, and Brown immediately moved to pick up Span and apologize.

The small-but-lively crowd of 1,062 screamed for an intentional foul, and they got the call.

But if you believe Roccaforte, the Lions weren't going to get the call at first.

In fact, the second-year coach committed the cardinal sin of postgame commentary: He spoke unfavorably of an official, even calling out the referee by name.

"The official, Bobby Bissant, came to me and said, '(Brown) was going for the ball.' He said all the right things," Roccaforte said.

"The next thing I know, I look up and it's an intentional foul. They shoot two free throws and they get the ball back. ... I asked for an explanation, and Bobby Bissant laughed at me. He reversed exactly what he said on the court, and I don't understand that, and I would like an explanation."

The Cardinals went 16-for-26 from the free-throw line, while the Lions went 27-for-38.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19374240&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=583964&rfi=6

Yes I made the drive along with my Mother.  After reading the article in Fridays Beaumont Enterprise all I could think about was if they were to win no one would be there to celebrate.  It took us about 3 hrs & 15 min.  Not bad.

As for that call against Jay Brown it was not intentional he was going for the ball.  The other player went down pretty hard.  The officiating was not so good but is it ever.  I am still proud of these boys and they will do just fine in the tournament.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124