*WO-S' Rivers Reassigned*

When talking replacement, why overlook the two guys already there.  Both have ties to LCM.  One of whom (riojas) played four years for Griff.  Had to learn something in that time.  You aren't going to get a coach with 300 career wins to come in to that situation.  So you better look for a young guy who doesn't mind working hard, and has a good idea about baseball.

Riojas and  Hallman are going to split the position as head coach, dont know how but thats hows its going to be done.

They probable learned some from Griff in thier LCM days, good luck guys.

Jimmy Hallman played high school baseball at Deweyville.

You can only coach what you are given

Hooks does great in football because he has some awesome talent and his staff is good

The problem in WOS baseball is not enough baseball talent rising through the ranks. No coach is going to change this. I suspect this is a youth baseball problem. Baseball playing talent has shifted to other schools LCM, OF, BC

How can it be a youth baseball problem if all of the LCM and WOS kids play in the same youth leagues?

TD, I know that you are not on here talking about a coach from WOS not living up to expectations after you have thrown a fit like a 8 year old little girl when people were getting on the OC.  You can't have it both ways!!  HYPOCRITE!!!

I think it's more about discipline and accountability. When WOS was good and we were good for alot of years, it wasn't all talent. Just like WOS in football and LCM in baseball. They are held accountable for their actions. They are both fundamentally sound. The opposite has been true recently in WOS baseball and LCM football. That being said I do realize that you have to have some talent.

When talking replacement, why overlook the two guys already there.  Both have ties to LCM.  One of whom (riojas) played four years for Griff.  Had to learn something in that time.  You aren't going to get a coach with 300 career wins to come in to that situation.  So you better look for a young guy who doesn't mind working hard, and has a good idea about baseball.

I agree and LCM should be looking for the same thing in a football coach.

You can only coach what you are given

Hooks does great in football because he has some awesome talent and his staff is good

The problem in WOS baseball is not enough baseball talent rising through the ranks. No coach is going to change this. I suspect this is a youth baseball problem. Baseball playing talent has shifted to other schools LCM, OF, BC

How can it be a youth baseball problem if all of the LCM and WOS kids play in the same youth leagues?

TD, I know that you are not on here talking about a coach from WOS not living up to expectations after you have thrown a fit like a 8 year old little girl when people were getting on the OC.  You can't have it both ways!!  HYPOCRITE!!!

I think it's more about discipline and accountability. When WOS was good and we were good for alot of years, it wasn't all talent. Just like WOS in football and LCM in baseball. They are held accountable for their actions. They are both fundamentally sound. The opposite has been true recently in WOS baseball and LCM football. That being said I do realize that you have to have some talent.

I'm not being a hypocrite. I didn't put down a coach. I said in years past we learned more fundamentals and were more disciplined. How in the world is that being a hypocrite. Did you see me call for anyones job? Do you see me putting down a coach? You hide behind your screen name and throw stones.

Guest Chaingang Defense

IT'S COMBINATION OF BOTH SOMEWHAT CONCERNING BASEBALL. MAINLY COACHING THOUGH. FUNDAMENTALS WEREN'T BEING THOUGHT. THAT HAS CHANGED NOW THOUGH FOR THE BETTER

IT'S COMBINATION OF BOTH SOMEWHAT CONCERNING BASEBALL. MAINLY COACHING THOUGH. FUNDAMENTALS WEREN'T BEING THOUGHT. THAT HAS CHANGED NOW THOUGH FOR THE BETTER

I said they weren't fundamentally sound. How would I know if they weren't being taught or they just weren't learning?

WOS Baseball has definitely been overshadowed in the past few years by the success of the football program. But face it there are a lot of kids who don't' want to play football and have love for baseball. Unfortunately the mustang baseball program isn't what it use to be, but it can be.  With the guidance of someone who loves and respects the game and the players will make that program what it use to be.  From what I have heard from others who post on here there is a guy already in the program who could turn this around(Hallman).  Lets just see what happens, but keep in mind the kids who this all affects.  GOOD LUCK WOS BASEBALL!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont