Ozen Players

I was at the gym last night and noticed a lot of Ozen players there. Then it occurred to me why they were so availabale now :D 

Hey Dickie, I have a serious question for you. What type of off-season program is Boutee going to do to get them to that next level for the next season? Play in the gym during the summer? Have a travel team? Any thoughts from others are welcome too. NASCAR has me thinking of new topics now :D 

Guest DickVitale

He will not do ANYTHING until AFTER spring break..Then it will be off-season weights...Then once summer hits, its open gym EVERY morning...Attendance is not REQUIRED, but, they know if he doesn't see them in the summer at the gym, it will be "difficult" for him to see them in the fall!! ;)..Boutte does not particularly care for the AAU circuit, but most of the kids will play for the SE Texas all-stars this summer...Then the RE-LOADING will begin!!! ;D

He will not do ANYTHING until AFTER spring break..Then it will be off-season weights...Then once summer hits, its open gym EVERY morning...Attendance is not REQUIRED, but, they know if he doesn't see them in the summer at the gym, it will be "difficult" for him to see them in the fall!! ;)..Boutte does not particularly care for the AAU circuit, but most of the kids will play for the SE Texas all-stars this summer...Then the RE-LOADING will begin!!! ;D

Yeah I heard he doesn't care too much for AAU. But thats like a fast train with no brakes on it right now.

Coach Boutte may not like the AAU summer league, but a lot of college coaches do. Most college coaches will strongly suggest a good summer program. The big tournaments will attract big time coaches from all over the country. In my opinion Boutte is wrong on this one.

Coach Boutte may not like the AAU summer league, but a lot of college coaches do. Most college coaches will strongly suggest a good summer program. The big tournaments will attract big time coaches from all over the country. In my opinion Boutte is wrong on this one.

I have also heard where teams have travelled to the big tourneys (Vegas, Kingwood, etc) and played in off the road gyms where no college coaches were present. But overall, I think AAU is good for the players, especially on a team such as Ozen. In some systems, kids are not allowed or restrained for whatever reasons to showcase their talents. AAU offers the opportunity to express those talents in more of an open game environment.

Do Jacoby, Stephen, Derek, or any other Ozen seniors have college ball lined up for next year?  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them.

I would hope that they are aware of the events coming up in Houston for unsigned seniors to display their talents in front of some coaches. If not, someone may want to get the info to them. Some seniors don't have the luxury of waiting for the phone to ring. You have to create a brand for yourself.  This is no knock against Boutte, but you can't expect or assume all coaches know how to market their players or even want to take the time to do it.

Guest DickVitale

Jacolby should be playing in the "spring ice breaker" in Houston next weekend..He will be a junior college signee, somewhere..

Joseph has d 1 offers already he 's playing to get offer from Univ of Houston or a&m . But has offers from Tulane w/ k richards , Oral roberts ,LAmar Samhouston statte ,tulsa,and arlington .  juco ????????????????  ???c'mon now you're close to ozen huh/

Guest DickVitale

Joseph has d 1 offers already he 's playing to get offer from Univ of Houston or a&m . But has offers from Tulane w/ k richards , Oral roberts ,LAmar Samhouston statte ,tulsa,and arlington .  juco ????????????????  ???c'mon now you're close to ozen huh/

G-R-A-D-E-S.....He will not qualify academically for D-1 at graduation...He will have to go to JUCO, and there is nothing wrong with that, if he goes there, handles his business, and moves on...We must stop making kids feel like D-1 is all there is...Go to college (D-1 or D-21, matters not), GRADUATE, and go to work...That should be the emphasis, NOT what schools are LOOKING at him..Because at this point thats all they can do is LOOK, because he is not yet qualified.

G-R-A-D-E-S.....He will not qualify academically for D-1 at graduation...He will have to go to JUCO, and there is nothing wrong with that, if he goes there, handles his business, and moves on...We must stop making kids feel like D-1 is all there is...Go to college (D-1 or D-21, matters not), GRADUATE, and go to work...That should be the emphasis, NOT what schools are LOOKING at him..Because at this point thats all they can do is LOOK, because he is not yet qualified.

Excellent! Excellent! Point! We should start a whole new thread on this subject. Too many kids are waiting for the big offers to come their way. You may be a star at one level, but that next jump is life changing. I pity the kid who still thinks all he need to do is play basketball or sports to get over. That went out during my generation. It's not as easy to major in Basketweaving and maintain 12 hours to play ball.

Dickie knows ;)

tweener i saw a 6'6 small forward out there playing?????  grades i'm not sure 100% but boutte players normally keep up a decent GPA.The coach from U H was out here last week .Wouldn't say all world but Boutte said himself hes never seen a player at 6'6 175 play all 5 spots .And in article in BMT enterprise say he has to hold back alot of his game 4 good of the team.not sure but with an endrosement from a coach like that probably carries more wieght than whats on the message boards. plus the fact he will not be 18 until after graduation gives coaches the ideal of potential upside. 10 losses since hes been on varsity

Guest DickVitale

BRAIN, his athletic ability has NEVER been in question...Bottom line is that if you dont take care of your business in the classroom, and do not get yourself qualified (via ACT/SAT) you will drastically cut your college opportunities, at least for two more years...It is that simple.

no i didn't disagree about grades but knowing boutte he monitors thats y i said normally but i was answering tweener comment thats like saying gulley has no position .that y i bring up age when i compare players because i've seen them all grow up playing .and always speak up for player in boutte system u know it is very constraining 4 most not playing natural position for 3 or 4 years will have anyone game off but for some reason i'm most never played for him saying a system is easy if so 1 on 1 players would always transition to nba or team .key is finding niche in off and def schemes. oh yeah dv dosen't boutte normally go 4 the win on the road tie at home

Guest DickVitale

You referring to the end of the Yates game? Well, Jacoby was a senior and took a shot that a senior should take..Was it the prefered shot from the bench perspective? Heck no, but, had he hit it, things would have been totally different...Thats life..Thats the game...

Guest DickVitale

The best team does not always win state...That was proven this year, not taking anythingh away from SOC, because they were able to endure..Maybe they are in a weaker region...maybe..Fact is region 3 is the toughest in most years, but, you have to show up and face it...no excuses.

no i didn't disagree about grades but knowing boutte he monitors thats y i said normally but i was answering tweener comment thats like saying gulley has no position .that y i bring up age when i compare players because i've seen them all grow up playing .and always speak up for player in boutte system u know it is very constraining 4 most not playing natural position for 3 or 4 years will have anyone game off but for some reason i'm most never played for him saying a system is easy if so 1 on 1 players would always transition to nba or team .key is finding niche in off and def schemes. oh yeah dv dosen't boutte normally go 4 the win on the road tie at home

i siad he was a tweener because I have watched him play AAU, Allstar games, and at Ozen and he doesn't have a good handle...  His dribbling skills are sub par to be a SF on the next level... Can that change? YES!!!  But for now he is a tweener Just like Damon James at Texas!!!!  That why they keep moving him from SF to PF!!!!  Jacoby can shoot and rebound!! With the best SF, but he can't handle the rock and pass like a SF.... Yet!

Whoa...whoa...I thought you had to have good grades to go to Ozen DickV.  You know since it's a magnet school and all.  They only accept kids with high GPAs and in good academic standing right? 

Personally, I wish the kid all the best and hopes he signs with Lamar.  I think it would be a good fit.  Plus he could help his home team get back to the top of the mid majors where they belong. 

Whoa...whoa...I thought you had to have good grades to go to Ozen DickV.  You know since it's a magnet school and all.  They only accept kids with high GPAs and in good academic standing right? 

Personally, I wish the kid all the best and hopes he signs with Lamar.  I think it would be a good fit.  Plus he could help his home team get back to the top of the mid majors where they belong. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Guest DickVitale

You need GPA AND test scores to qualify academically..... ::) ::)...Jacoby is supposed to be at Ozen like ALL of the others...you people... ::)

Lamar is in a mid-major conference? Wow!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01