J'Covan Brown And Tramain Thomas Nominated

Guest Ozen

Tremain was NOMINATED, J'Covan was SELECTED...They selected 20 and will select 4 more...A nomination is a good thing too, and the EC community should be very proud as well...I am pulling for J'Covan, but I honestly have my reservations about his selection, given the circumstances..I don't think that the committee was aware of his playing status...They selected strictly from the AAU circuit, and I have issue with that part...Just my 2 cents... ;)

I'm kind of adding my 2 cents in now, especially since I can spend more time on other topics since Ozen is out. In order to be considered for McDonals All-American, an athlete must be in good academic standing and played half of the season. Now I will leave it alone right here and let interested parties figure in some more blanks surrounding the incidents of a certain young player just recently.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the team and Brown did not make it!

This is the hidden content, please

Exactly! Why was he reinstated during the playoffs? Why did he not play in the playoffs after being reinstated? What factors determined that this young man ws not coming back after being reinstated so he could elgible for "half the season?"  Which is a requirement for McDonald All-American....hmm? There were some higher powers who kept this kid out.

Guest DickVitale

They didn't MAKE the playoffs....They lost the district tie breaker to Atascocita, and he was supposed to play in THAT game, but something or someone prevented THAT from happening also.

Hawk 42-Wow.... haha al Tramian Thomas is a big hipe don't get me wrong the kid is goos but he will NEVER EVER be as good as Jarvis..... Football is defenitly his sport not basketball

Are you serious ?????? they are both great but to say Jarvis is better than Tramain is just stupid I would pick Tramain over Jarvis any day

They didn't MAKE the playoffs....They lost the district tie breaker to Atascocita, and he was supposed to play in THAT game, but something or someone prevented THAT from happening also.

Sorry district tie breaker. A certain someone from way on the top according to reliable sources.

I don't see how you'll can say Tramain is all hype I sont know if you'll realize it or not but he carried E.C. Basketball through most of this season untill towards the end when some others finally stepped up. The last two years would have been ugly for E.C. If it wasn't for Tramain. He hasn't had any real help since Dominic Harmon and Chris Joseph graduated 2 years ago.

I don't see how you'll can say Tramain is all hype I sont know if you'll realize it or not but he carried E.C. Basketball through most of this season untill towards the end when some others finally stepped up. The last two years would have been ugly for E.C. If it wasn't for Tramain. He hasn't had any real help since Dominic Harmon and Chris Joseph graduated 2 years ago.

I wouldn't go quite that far,Preston Guillory was a great shooter.Tramain definitely carried this years team especially with Vance playing thru a shoulder problem.I've had the pleasure of watching Tramain ever since my son started playing school ball and if I had to start a team he would be my first pick.Not only because of his basketball skills but he also knows how to handle any situation with class.The Bucs are gonna miss him terribly.Congrats Tramain on a great career.

I wouldn't go quite that far,Preston Guillory was a great shooter.Tramain definitely carried this years team especially with Vance playing thru a shoulder problem.I've had the pleasure of watching Tramain ever since my son started playing school ball and if I had to start a team he would be my first pick.Not only because of his basketball skills but he also knows how to handle any situation with class.The Bucs are gonna miss him terribly.Congrats Tramain on a great career.

oh yeah I completely forgot Preston. He was almost as good as C.J.

Bluedove, are you suggesting that because Jacovin did not play half of the season, it was the fault of the coach that he did not make the Mac D. All- American team???  If so, we need to make a thread about the responsibility of the individual toward his high schol team, and not put oneself in front of that, period.....This AAU is mostly about I before team, and I'm talking about players and coaches end up thinking that way. They have to be able to seperate the two, and if they don't, well you've seen the results !!!!

Bluedove, are you suggesting that because Jacovin did not play half of the season, it was the fault of the coach that he did not make the Mac D. All- American team???  If so, we need to make a thread about the responsibility of the individual toward his high schol team, and not put oneself in front of that, period.....This AAU is mostly about I before team, and I'm talking about players and coaches end up thinking that way. They have to be able to seperate the two, and if they don't, well you've seen the results !!!!

Nah! I'm suggesing that the coach was FORCED to suspend the kid based on "suggestions" from higher ups. They tried to reinstate the kid but the "poweres that be" from Austin stepped in and quashed it.

Honestly, I don't see taking off your jersey or leaving the field of play before being excused as much a "bad attitude/temper" thing...to me, it is more a discipline issue (moreover...self-discipline).  I can tell you that I have three boys (19, 18, 13) and if they ever displayed the slightest hint of an "attitude/temper"...I checked them real quick and squashed it early.  We had a player walk off of the court at the state quarterfinals in Austin three years ago (I think) and his parents met him as he stepped off of the court...that's lack of discipline.  Subsequently, he transferred to another school. 

I don't know the details of Mr. Brown's actions...I am just going by what I have read on here.  You can have all of the talent in the world and get nowhere because you don't have the discipline required to harness yourself.  I wish him the best in his endeavors and hope that if he is given a second chance...he'll take it seriously and live up to his obvious potential.

Guest stevenash

BUCof2010-  I am sure nearly everyone has lost their temper 1 or 2 times.  IN this case, one or two times probably represents less than10% of the actions.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics