UIL Picking officials for Dayton Games

I was in Houston today for the Officials Selection.

Noticed that beside the games for Dayton and the Beaumont Schools it showed the UIL was choosing their officials.

Meals, expenses and travel will have to paid for by either the home team or split the cost.

This is obviously going to be a two year ordeal.

What gives????

It is pretty simple. Beaumont area chapter of officials is terrible. You damn sure do not go over and play Nederland or PNG and use their officials. Most of the officials live or work in that area. And they are famous for "helping' the triangle teams. West Orange will not even use beaumont officials for games over there. That should tell you something.

It is pretty simple. Beaumont area chapter of officials is terrible. You dang sure do not go over and play Nederland or PNG and use their officials. Most of the officials live or work in that area. And they are famous for "helping' the triangle teams. West Orange will not even use beaumont officials for games over there. That should tell you something.

Whatever, most teams get some "home cooking" calls. Its not just the MC teams.

There are a few teams that will be using the Houston and East Texas Officals this year.

A good friend of mine is a offical and he said the officiating is VERY political and is really screwed up. Some officials get 9 games a year and others get 35. The Beaumont chapter is in a world of their own and are historically not good in my opinion. My friedn also said the Houston are officals have a new chairman and he is in the process of shaking things up a bit. Personally I think they should have regions for officials, not of their own residence, and randomly draw for games and crews. This way there is not some dishonest coach and ref screwing around with the results.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami