*LC-M vs. Dayton/73-62 DAYTON ADVANCES/COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

Congrats to Dayton on making the playoffs. Powell and Dugat were very impressive. Congrats to LCM on a great turnaround in the 2nd half of district play. I must say that I was disappointed in the way the refs took over the game in the second half. There were about 15 fouls called against the Bears in the 4th quarter alone. Champine and Bean both fouled out in the last minute or two. Cooper was in foul trouble with 3 or 4. Dayton shot close to 50 free throws in the game while LCM shot in the 20s. I'm not saying all of those fouls shouldn't have been called, but many of them were very cheap calls that LCM was not getting when they were on offense. Also, I believe Dallas Bean was playing with the flu. I heard he was in the hospital a few days ago. I think the game could have easily gone 10-15 points the other way (LCM led by as much as 10 in the 3rd), but it didn't so congrats to Dayton and best of luck in the playoffs.

Congrats to Dayton on making the playoffs. Powell and Dugat were very impressive. Congrats to LCM on a great turnaround in the 2nd half of district play. I must say that I was disappointed in the way the refs took over the game in the second half. There were about 15 fouls called against the Bears in the 4th quarter alone. Champine and Bean both fouled out in the last minute or two. Cooper was in foul trouble with 3 or 4. Dayton shot close to 50 free throws in the game while LCM shot in the 20s. I'm not saying all of those fouls shouldn't have been called, but many of them were very cheap calls that LCM was not getting when they were on offense. Also, I believe Dallas Bean was playing with the flu. I heard he was in the hospital a few days ago. I think the game could have easily gone 10-15 points the other way (LCM led by as much as 10 in the 3rd), but it didn't so congrats to Dayton and best of luck in the playoffs.

Do you have anymore  excuses, the whole 1st half dayton couldn't buy an call. Gable, Stapleton & Charles had 3 in the 1st half. They just tightened up there whistle the 2nd half. & you should tell LCM not to speak to soon on a game until they WIN.(since dayton got luccy the last time) ;)

Congrat's to Dayton on the win and good luck to them in the playoffs! I wish LC-M could have pulled this one off, but they finished with a good season none the less. As far as asking about excuses - I won't say anything with regards to foul counts, etc. because yes, those are generally considered "excuses" and yes, one should win and lose with grace. I will state a fact that I hope his family doesn't mind me mentioning though, and that is that yes, Bean was playing with some kind of virus that had him in the hospital from late Tuesday night till mid-morning Thursday over which time he lost about 10lbs and couldn't eat much of anything. The only reason I mention that or may sound as though I'm "going on the defensive" here is because I can't tell if that was intentional sarcasm directed towards the comments about the foul count, or Bean. I understand not wanting to hear "excuses" (I hate it when people do it as well), but (if it was the case) to be sarcastic about a serious issue like someone being hospitalized is just low.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124