Yates Still Nationally Ranked!

KFDM COOP

Guest DickVitale

Yates has a VERY good ballclub...I would never say that it would be an easy Ozen victory, but I feel that the intangibles will get Yates in the playoffs...They play ONE style, and in the playoffs you have to be able to switch gears, and watching them in district, there are certain teams that changed gears and gave them trouble. (Waltrip) Coach Kelly needed ONE more player and they would have had them on the ropes, but they simply ran out of gas in the 4th..Which normally happens when you play good teams, so thats not the REAL issue...I feel that those kids at Yates peaked in December, and really have not gotten better...Bottom line, they will NOT be an easy exit, but I would not be surprised if they lost before regionals...Huntsville has flown way under the radar too, and I feel that THEY COULD beat Yates in the playoffs as well...It will be interesting!! ;)

Yates has a VERY good ballclub...I would never say that it would be an easy Ozen victory, but I feel that the intangibles will get Yates in the playoffs...They play ONE style, and in the playoffs you have to be able to switch gears, and watching them in district, there are certain teams that changed gears and gave them trouble. (Waltrip) Coach Kelly needed ONE more player and they would have had them on the ropes, but they simply ran out of gas in the 4th..Which normally happens when you play good teams, so thats not the REAL issue...I feel that those kids at Yates peaked in December, and really have not gotten better...Bottom line, they will NOT be an easy exit, but I would not be surprised if they lost before regionals...Huntsville has flown way under the radar too, and I feel that THEY COULD beat Yates in the playoffs as well...It will be interesting!! ;)

In other words, Yates will peak again when regionals start. It's like meeting a beautiful girl. You peak. Then when she gone back home, it's hard to compare her with the average girls. But you peak again when you see her ???

Guest DickVitale

Nice try BLUE, but no cigar!!! :D....Just watch the playoffs and you will understand my TRUE genius, other than being one of the greatest shooters that you have ever seen!! :D...AND the best in MY family as well!! ;D ;D

what would this world be with out Dick(V) and Cat(man)? I just try and give ya'll a break with some comic relief, I know its hard to keep up with being the smart one all the time (Dickie) or being the Funniest all the time( Catman) Im just kinda like a spawn of both yall, doing my best to  lessing the burden i can say...ha..

8)

Guest DickVitale

I honestly hope that it happens, because I do not want to hear the excuse, " If Yates would not have lost, they would have beaten Ozen!"...Please, make the regionals, Yates....please! :D

Guest DickVitale

Yeah, and the Miami Heat could win 40 in a row and get the 8th playoff spot in the East!!! :D :D...and the Giants COULD have an ineligible player and give the Pats the Super Bowl win....and Texas Southern could win the SWAC get into the tourney and win a national championship with an interim head coach!! :D :D....NOT GONNA HAPPEN! ;)

Dickie I ride with you on Ozen beating Yates.... Yate pulls away from most of their opponents in the 3rd... That's when most kids tire from all the running... But I don't think Boutte will NOT let Yates run!

Now thats a good point ST, AND Ozen may be disciplined enough to pull it off. Anything is possible. I saw a team beat Wheatley like that. Even if the other team had a fast break, they wouldn't take it. Each time they would walk the ball down the court .Drove Wheatley stone mad.

Dickie I ride with you on Ozen beating Yates.... Yate pulls away from most of their opponents in the 3rd... That's when most kids tire from all the running... But I don't think Boutte will NOT let Yates run!

Now thats a good point ST, AND Ozen may be disciplined enough to pull it off. Anything is possible. I saw a team beat Wheatley like that. Even if the other team had a fast break, they wouldn't take it. Each time they would walk the ball down the court .Drove Wheatley stone mad.

Yeah.. Thats Boutte (and Gamble)... I saw him beat Wheatly like that with Lincoln and Ozen....  He would let Wheatly press him then once past half court he would swing the ball from side to side and make Wheatly run some more then once they scored he would go to a half court defense to keep the game slow... All the extra running in the half court wore Wheatly out and frustrated them....

Guest DickVitale

The best example was when we beat Wheatley in 2001 in the regional finals..The score was tied at the half at 35-35...They were averaging 95 ppg that year and we KNEW at that point we had them...ended up winning 82-61 going away..We forced them to play half ct, and yes they did get very frustrated..Not only on the offensive end, but on defense as well...DEJA VU, YATES!! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124