Warren At Kountze Predictions

Warren has a couple of kids who can shoot it pretty well also.This game will come down to defense on the Lions part.If they create the turnovers they win the ballgame,if Warren handles the press it's close.Warren has played pretty well the second half beating Anahuac,Hardin and Buna and losing by 6 to EC and 3 to D-ville(both on the road).Kountze has to be the favorite at home but I don't think ther 30 points better.

I predict whether Kountze wins by 5 or 25, Warfan will blame the refs.

Very simple if backcourt fouls are not called, kountze will win big. If called it will be a good game between two good teams.

I still cannot understand how a team that presses and traps can get less fouls.  Sorry, it's fundemental, expected and should be part of the game. I don't expect you to understand obviously it's not part of the game you grew up with.

Very simple if backcourt fouls are not called, kountze will win big. If called it will be a good game between two good teams.

I still cannot understand how a team that presses and traps can get less fouls.  Sorry, it's fundemental, expected and should be part of the game. I don't expect you to understand obviously it's not part of the game you grew up with.

why dont we consider the fact that the kountze players have ALL been doing the same press since 7th grade and eventually learned a little finess and simply dont foul as much as you want to believe they do.

Well Warfan, I think we can agree on one thing. HS basketball is not played like it was 30 years ago. I remember everything revolved around the post up game and jump shoots. Once in awhile you would see a zone full court press. Reaching was an automatic foul whether you touched the other player or not.

Today's players are bigger, quicker and start playing at a very early age. It's a different game that in the 70's but no less exciting. You can reminisce about the 'good old days' or 'fundamentals' but reality is the quicker, more athletic, pressing teams have a big advantage in today's game. EC and Kountze see the pressing defense every day at practice. They schedule predistrict to face those type of teams to get ready for their playoff runs.

And no it doesn't suprise me that the more aggressive team sometimes has fewer fouls.

Actually the game hasn't changed much at all over 30 years.The people that taught the presses that HJ,Ktz and EC run all ran them 30 years ago at some very successful schools.The players were just as quick and big as they are now.Time doesn't create bigger 16 year old boys.Teams play to their strengths plain and simple.The more athletic teams press because they have the personell to do so while teams without the great athletes have to control the tempo to compete.The coaches on teams that press expect to have more fouls,it's just part of the scheme.While it may surprise you what constitutes a foul hasn't changed in 30 years.For the most part it's a decision an individual makes that at least half the fans will disagree with.Somewhere this thread got way off topic,it started out being about an upcoming ballgame.It probably needs to go back to that topic.

::) OK just get prepared to be dominated Kountze wins by 38 just cause Warren actually thinks that their good :D

::) OK just get prepared to be dominated Kountze wins by 38 just cause Warren actually thinks that their good :D

first time ive agreed with u Mr. Whizzle ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont