*Warren vs. EC/48-42 EC WINS/COMMENTS*

Some good points made by both sides here, but the one that sticks out most is the one saying that Warren is not going to the playoffs because they are not a good team. The fact is Both Warren and Deweyville both beat Orangefield earlier this season, and it looks like Orangefield may be going in the 3a district.This may well be the toughest 2a district overall,as all teams with the exception of Buna had very good ball teams that could have made the playoffs in any other 2a district in Texas. To say that any of these teams were not good, except for Kountze and East Chambers is just crazy talk. I do agree with the officiating problem, it is bad everywhere. Another thing is, how is Kountze or East Chambers not a ranked team?

In the TABC poll, it's all about who-knows-who, but I'll say this, it's a GREAT thing for Kountze and East Chambers not be ranked in the playoffs because teams won't really know what to expect from both EC or Kountze. I think they will again meet up in Tyler at Regionals.

Some good points made by both sides here, but the one that sticks out most is the one saying that Warren is not going to the playoffs because they are not a good team. The fact is Both Warren and Deweyville both beat Orangefield earlier this season, and it looks like Orangefield may be going in the 3a district.This may well be the toughest 2a district overall,as all teams with the exception of Buna had very good ball teams that could have made the playoffs in any other 2a district in Texas. To say that any of these teams were not good, except for Kountze and East Chambers is just crazy talk. I do agree with the officiating problem, it is bad everywhere. Another thing is, how is Kountze or East Chambers not a ranked team?

In the TABC poll, it's all about who-knows-who, but I'll say this, it's a GREAT thing for Kountze and East Chambers not be ranked in the playoffs because teams won't really know what to expect from both EC or Kountze. I think they will again meet up in Tyler at Regionals.

Not if they play like they did against Warren (meaning EC).  Pretty soon they will run into a team that will have an athlete to harass Thomas defensively.  Not to take away from Raymond or McDonald, but TT is the heart and soul of that team...they will live or die (figuratively speaking) with him.

warfan...I realize that it probably won't make you feel any better, but Warren is one of the more fundamentally sound basketball teams I have seen this year and they are old school (meaning they play the game the way it is supposed to be...straight up defense, good shooting and passing..none of the hip-checking, rough-house play that is becoming more prevalent these days).  It is easy for someone to hip-check/hand-check/grab jersey to impede progress by a ballhandler and make them mess up with the ball...leading to turnovers.  No one wants to take the time to learn timing and being intelligent about the game in order to be a defensive presence on the hardwood.  Case in point, Hardin played Anahuac last night and, boy, let me tell you, Anahuac is FAST and their timing was great a lot of times.  They stole the ball because of great anticipation and quickness.  They were a bit rough but so were we because the refs let the physical play go, but a very nice game to watch defensively.

Anyone who comes on this board and says they wouldn't be upset about a 23 to 4 free throw discrepancy against there team isn't being completely honest with themselves.That being said Warren still had every chance to win this ballgame had they taken care of the basketball.Uknowit,I'm not sure what your problem is with the Warriors but they have been in the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years.They have also beatin the Bucs a couple of times in that stretch.Several of these kids have started since there sophomore season and have won on the average of 20 games a yearduring there high school careers.Good luck to EC,Kountze and Hardin in the playoffs.FYI on the game in Warren,Warren was 7/11 from the line and EC was 18/25.

Kountze excels because the have a very good group of athletes and a coach who teaches a sound defensive philosophy.EC wins because they have a super athlete who makes everyone around him better.I will say it one more time,Warren lost the ballgame friday simply because they turned the ball over at critical times down the stretch.For 3 1/2 quarters they played well enough to win.Some of the posters on this thread have taken some shots at the Warren boys but the facts are these 2 teams were very evenly matched in Winnie on Friday night.If Warren had played as well the first round in district as they have the second they may have had a shot at a playoff spot.

The fact is the outcome of this game was determined by the officiating.  Warren only went to the line ONCE the entire game for a shooting foul.  There were less than  12 fouls called for either team the WHOLE game and only 4 violations .  NO bonus at all.  Must have been the cleanest game EC ever played.  Yea right! With less than two minutes left and a 2pt game the ref. who had a silent whistle found it to call touch fouls on Warren.   Sorry,  I have watched this mess in EC and Kountze for 25 years and it makes me sick.  I have more respect for Pro wrestling than high school basketball in its current state.

And we will see the same in Kountze next week, for sure.  I predict Kountze will bring the hard press and trap and will have half the fouls than warren.  Warren's top 3 players will foul out and brey will be threaten and slappin all the while.  Thug ball at it best.

I have no ill feelings for the EC players and coaches the are just taking advantage of whats given to them.

be a man and take a loss. it doesnt matter who you play, if your team loses we can all bet on you being here talkin about how poor the officiating was. WARREN ISNT IS GOOD AS YOU FEEL THEY ARE!!! When is the last time they have made it past the 1st round?? 2nd round??? Quit complaining about fouls and take it, without bein such a sore loser.

Warren must not be to bad, they beat a good Hardin club on Tuesday and gave a pretty good EC team a very good ballgame on friday night.I haven't complained about the officiating in this game other than the difference in the # of free throws attempted and the late official.Just a quick question for any EC or Kountze fan.When was the last time either of these clubs shot 4 free throws for an entire ballgame?I personally think Warren would have won this ballgame had they not tried to delay the game and kept the ball in their shooters hands.Just my opinion for what it's worth.

EC  8  13 11  16 = 48

Warren 16 10 8 8 = 42

EC-Thomas-28(7/10 ft line),McDonald-6

Warren-Sims-17(3-3ptrs),Andrews-16,Nash-7

Finally got to chart the game.Very close ballgame the entire way,EC took the lead with 52 seconds left on a slam by Thomas.Warren was 3/4 from the ft line while EC was 12/20.Team fouls were very close 14 for Warren and 12 for EC,the difference being nearly all of EC were shooting fouls while Warren shot a tech and 1 shooting foul.Neither club ever got in the bonus.Good hard played ballgame by both clubs.Warren simply didn't shoot the ball enough down the stretch and had 3 critical turnovers late.

footballfan warren went past the 2nd round in 05, they r good this year but will not make the playoffs because they lack a point guard and a dedicated coach, as to the comments made by uknowit if you compare the records of warren vs EC in the past 5 years in all high school sports it probably would be warren on top....

footballfan warren went past the 2nd round in 05, they r good this year but will not make the playoffs because they lack a point guard and a dedicated coach, as to the comments made by uknowit if you compare the records of warren vs EC in the past 5 years in all high school sports it probably would be warren on top....

What planet do you live on?

Went past the second round in 05? Who did they lose to? EC

In all the basketball games between EC and Warren in the last 5 years, Warren has won twice. Both non-district games. Football? Don't make me laugh. Warren is always one of the easiest games on the schedule. Track? Too funny.

I amazes me how people can just make up stuff and think folks will believe it.

Don't know a darn thing about baseball.

I am not sure where UT#1 got his statistics but from what I remember Warren hasn't beaten EC in much of anything in the last 10 years.  Now, i cannot vouch for baseball but I know there have been very few victories against EC the other sports.  I have personally witnessed Warren cave in against EC when on several occasions, be it basketball or football.  Head Coach Andy Evans made a quote that I will always remember after a football game up in Warren in either 2001 or 2002.  Warren had been leading and just totally fell apart, losing by 15 or 20 if I remember correctly.  Coach Evans told his team after the game that EC would find a way to win no matter what and that Warren would find a way for EC to win too. 

Warren, maybe it is a mental block against EC?  I think they have injections or medication for that now!  ;D

football yes ec has always and will alwys beat warren, in the pst 5 years for basketball ec has won i think the record is like 8-4 i may be a lil off on that.baseball ec has been horrible for awhile and i dont know if they have beat warren at all in the past 5 yrs track i believe has been about equal warren has sent a few to state in track has ec? golf and tennis not even a question that warren has dominated those 2...so when you add ALL high school boys sports warren is on top by a lil...has ec sent a team to state in anything in the past 5 years??

Yes, you're off on basketball. EC's record against Warren is very one sided. EC's district champoinships in track is very impressive. A few years ago is was over 20 consecutive years. Not sure about the last couple.

I'll give you golf, cross country and maybe checkers. You must be very proud.

To change the subject...How about those Horns last night?

Warren ahead of EC a little???   :o ???

Are you crazy?  I would have to see documentation to believe that Warren has won 4 basketball games over the past few years from EC.  When it comes to track (being the old track coach that I am) EC has dominated the 24 AA district for several years except, I think Newton might hwave won it one year and maybe Kountze last year?  Warren has had a few distance runners but come on, did they make it to state?  Now when you say, "make it to state" are you talking state championship games, tournaments, or meets or playoffs for state.  BIG difference here and there is no way Warren has come close in the "major" sports. 

Not sure where this thread got off coarse.EC had a great young lady that played tennis last year.Got to watch her at the regional tournament and the state tournament.EC has a definite edge in most all sports over the last 4 years(since this graduating class entered high school).The football record is 3-0 including 1 playoff victory.The basketball record 5-2 with one playoff victory.Both schools have had excellent individuals in tennis and other sports.I have coached the Warren summer team for years and always had the highest respect for EC and Kountze's programs in basketball.We knew if we could get to the level to compete with them we were headed in the right direction.I'm gonna miss the bunch of kids Warren has graduating this year.Regardless of the circumstances they always gave everything the had.Good luck to the Bucs,Kountze and Hardin in the playoffs.Hope you make 24aa proud.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder