Smiley player attacks BH player

BH96

I found this on the BH website. This is the first I have heard of this. They really need to do something about NFISD

To BHISD Parents/Guardians

We had an unfortunate thing happen Friday at the Basketball

game in Smiley and I thought it best to let people know what

occurred. At a Freshman game, a player from Smiley exited

the gym and then reentered and attacked two of our players

who were sitting on the bench. Fortunately we had our

officer on duty and he did an excellent job managing the situation.

Tom Holland, our high school principal, also arrived shortly after

the altercation. Our boys are doing fine.

We will increase security at all contests in the North Forest

School District henceforth and we will make the appropriate

authorities aware of this situation. Safety is always our first

concern and we will do everything possible to insure the security

of your children.

I found this on the BH website. This is the first I have heard of this. They really need to do something about NFISD

To BHISD Parents/Guardians

We had an unfortunate thing happen Friday at the Basketball

game in Smiley and I thought it best to let people know what

occurred. At a Freshman game, a player from Smiley exited

the gym and then reentered and attacked two of our players

who were sitting on the bench. Fortunately we had our

officer on duty and he did an excellent job managing the situation.

Tom Holland, our high school principal, also arrived shortly after

the altercation. Our boys are doing fine.

We will increase security at all contests in the North Forest

School District henceforth and we will make the appropriate

authorities aware of this situation. Safety is always our first

concern and we will do everything possible to insure the security

of your children.

Do something like what? What would you do?

Guest DickVitale

The Smiley program has NO DISCIPLINE, North Forest ISD SHOULD be, and in all likelyhood be shut down soon....That is very sad that certain fools can make an entire group of people look like animals, and that makes no sense... :(

The Smiley program has NO DISCIPLINE, North Forest ISD SHOULD be, and in all likelyhood be shut down soon....That is very sad that certain fools can make an entire group of people look like animals, and that makes no sense... :(

Dickie, it's the new school rap music, man. Thats where the blame should be pointed. All you young kids listening to all those wannabee thugs.

Guest DickVitale

I thought about that, too, shortt but keep this in mind...They were playing AT Smiley....Do you think some 9th/JV kid from Barbers Hill would be THAT crazy to start something OVER THERE?? They were probably scared to go to the concession stand, let alone start some static, which too is sad, but a fact of life..Thats how people feel about being in certain demographic areas...black, white, green, whoever...Its a socioeconomic thing, NOT a race thing. (Before someone accuses me of playing the race card.. ;)) Now, it may have carried over from the court..That is possible.

Guest DickVitale

Dickie, it's the new school rap music, man. Thats where the blame should be pointed. All you young kids listening to all those wannabee thugs.

I am laughing at you blaming rap music!! :D..That area is going in the toilet, because there are NO FAMILIES over there..Think about it..It is about 85% single parent housing, and MOST of those are either raising themselves or being raised by grandma...Take Barbers Hill for example..How many SINGLE parent homes are there in BH? I would guess that number is somewhere between 5-10%...Instant SOCIOECONOMIC difference...Kids CAN be raised right in a single parent home, but how many are actually getting what they need from home in North Forest ISD...It is a sad fact, but, oh so true...

Guest DickVitale

Yeah and they will play one game past district too, as always...one..NO DISCIPLINE...It does matter.  If they are not getting it from home, they darn well better be getting it from the coach, or else there will be LOTS of talented teams coming through there getting to the playoffs in a weak district, and getting bounced in round one...That is the GOSPEL truth...Ruth!! ;)

This reminds me of Cleveland High School in 22AAA. In the mid 90's they had as good a team as any, but they were on academic probation and were told my UIL that if any more fights broke out they would be suspended for 3 years from high school sports. They too never make it past the first round of the playoffs because of no discipline.

It's a very simple formula...No discipline+talent = many, many first round exits!

And yet some parents still complain when more disciplinary action is taken on an athlete versus a non-athlete. What exactly do they think we are trying to do here. I wish they would raise them better at home so coaches wouldn't have to teach them all over again. Ha

Guest DickVitale

Good point. The answer to that is simple as well.  Athletes are school, district, and community representatives, so they should be held to a higher standard, and often times parents do not fully understand that concept. 

I cant believe that you are blaming the music if they dont like it then they should either leave the gym or just not come to the game...

Mr. Vitale, I agree with all of your statements except the fact that Smiley is in a weak district.  Last year Forest Brook went to the regional tournament out of that district and I would say the top 4 teams are better than the top 4 in 20-4A, which is your area correct?  I know Ozen is way better than all of them.  I am just talking about the depth of the districts.  The Houston schools are hard to tell.  They have a different one every year that is good.  This year it happens to be Yates.

Guest DickVitale

Mr. Vitale, I agree with all of your statements except the fact that Smiley is in a weak district.  Last year Forest Brook went to the regional tournament out of that district and I would say the top 4 teams are better than the top 4 in 20-4A, which is your area correct?  I know Ozen is way better than all of them.  I am just talking about the depth of the districts.  The Houston schools are hard to tell.  They have a different one every year that is good.  This year it happens to be Yates.

Well, as I have said before, there is no good basketball in Houston ISD anymore. It is just so inconsistent due lack of quality coaches, and all of the kids changing schools, and going to schools they have no business being at and nothing being done about it.  Forest Brook went to regionals last year and have won ONE district game this year...inconsistent..Who else can compete in that district? CE King? Barbers Hill? Crosby? Nah, those teams would not beat Central, Dayton or even LCM or Vidor for that matter...

Only teams in that district that could beat Smiley, Crosby, Barbers hill or King is Ozen and maybe Central.  LCM has struggled in district.  I have seen them all man.  You are wrong on that statement and the play offs will prove it.  I still like most of your comments though so I am not too mad at you.

Only teams in that district that could beat Smiley, Crosby, Barbers hill or King is Ozen and maybe Central.  LCM has struggled in district.  I have seen them all man.  You are wrong on that statement and the play offs will prove it. I still like most of your comments though so I am not too mad at you.

OOOOOO yodaddy. . .you have a lot to learn young grasshopper. Your opinion on Vitales comments make no difference to Dicky.  ;)

I really like Crosby and Barbers Hill.  Not too high on King.  they are inconsistent.  Crosby has Carter and he can flat out play.  They have really improved lately.  BH has ybarra and he can play.  43 the other night.  BH plays great Defense as well.  They are really physical for as undersized as they are.  Can shoot the lights out too.  Especially one kid and I dpo not know his name.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami