District 21 3a enroolment numbers

2006                        2008

Bridge City.............    754.4                        707

Hamshire-Fannett....    581                          568

Orangefield.............    473                          521

Silsbee...................    827                          844

Hardin-Jefferson.......  706                          662

West Orange-Stark....  775                          691

So Orangefield and Silsbee are the only two schools to grow in enrollment.  Look for OF to continue to grow.  They may be closer to 600 at next realignment.

With so many new homes being built in BC and so many people moving in I was supprised to see that BC's enrollment has dropped.

I agree, but I think BC is in the same position as OF.  There are alot of new homes being built, but I think the people building those homes have younger kids.  Not many high school kids moving in.  Look for BC and OF to grow alot over the next 10 years.

With so many new homes being built in BC and so many people moving in I was supprised to see that BC's enrollment has dropped.

I agree, but I think BC is in the same position as OF.  There are alot of new homes being built, but I think the people building those homes have younger kids.  Not many high school kids moving in.  Look for BC and OF to grow alot over the next 10 years.

The new housing complex being built by the Orange airport will be in the BC school district I believe. That will add a lot of students to the school district. It will be interesting to see how many are high school age. I am wondering if the existing schools will be able to absorb these new students or will there be over crowding?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont