Future of the SLC

UNLV

Guest abovetherim

That is some good questions UNLV. I've read some sites that state if Texas State goes FBS then SHSU will follow. Today, I'm just happy that the first major hurdle at Lamar has passed. With 79% of the students who voted passing the referendum, I don't see the TSUS declining Lamar officials the opportunity to start a football program. After a few days, maybe I'll mention my thoughts on the SLC. I'm pretty sure you already know how I personally feel about the SLC. But, my personal feelings probably aren't the best thing for Lamar right now. The most important thing for me is to see a football team with Lamar on the players chest and the uniform red and white.

Is the SLC the best conference for Lamar in 10 years? I think probably not. But I will not comment on conference affiliation until we at least hire a head coach.

I know you will keep us up to date with all the conference news and possible conference shake-ups. You do a great job with it and I appreciate the information.

Everyone is excited about Lamar playing in the slc, yet current slc teams are looking

to get out. And when they do leave, and it wont take them 10 years,the slc will not replace them with Texas Tech or LSU.

Try Tarleton st and Delta st. Will these teams get the crowd out for Lamar football?

Guest abovetherim

Rim, If Texas st decide tomorrow to join the Sunbelt. The Sunbelt would take them.

They would take 2 additions Southland schools wanting FBS.

Like I said UNLV, you know how I feel. I just don't want to offend anyone by saying anymore at the present time.

Guest abovetherim

Rim, I hear that there will be a big project planning meeting tommorrow.at Lamar. Possibly revising some of the projects that have been discussed here.

WB, I wouldn't be surprised because I think both Dr. Simmons and Coach Tubbs have got this train running downhill now and it will be full steam ahead from this point forward. Now, I personally haven't heard anything but I'm pretty low on the information pole. You are probably right.

Rim, I hear that there will be a big project planning meeting tommorrow.at Lamar. Possibly revising some of the projects that have been discussed here.

I hope they revise a new stadium. The press boxes they are rebuilding looks cheap and sad. A tin roof. C'mon.

Guest abovetherim

Was it just me or did Dr Simmons and Coach Tubbs seem like two kids in a candy store during their TV interviews this afternoon? WB, your information is probably correct.  

UTSA it is going FBS after 2 years.

Texas st voted for FBS

SHSU is making moves for FBS.

So what will the slc look like in the near future?

Will SFA, McNeese, and NW st follow?

I believe there is a 4-5 year moritorium by the NCAA on schools moving up to FBS.

A 4 year. It started in the fall of 07, over fall of 2011. UTSA starts football in 2010.

Texas st needs to give slc 2 years advance notice or pay $2 Million. There as Lamar begin

slc play, some slc teams will be leaving.

Guest coachacola

Georgia Southern, Jacksonville State (in Alabama), Texas State and UMass are looking into going FBS.

South Alabama is starting football and will be playing in the Sunbelt in a few years.

Charlotte and UTSA are looking at starting football.  Both would probably jump to a FBS conference as soon as possible.

There's going to be a need for a new FBS conference in the Southeast part of the country in about 4 years.  Lamar will probably have an opportunity to jump to a another conference when these schools start making moves.

Guest coachacola

Western Kentucky is already in transition to FBS so I didn't include them.  Old Dominion is also starting a FCS team, they start play next year.  I believe there's going to be a lot moves made around the country after 2011.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124