Girls Jr. High Basketball

pseudo

I have noticed many teams this year using a talented team and a full court press to humiliate less talented teams.  I don't see the usefullness of repeatedly stealing the ball with your your press.  Why not use that time to improve your 1/2 court defense and work on fundamentals.  Also, running up a score on a 7th grade team is not something to be proud of.  How about working on your offense or even a delay game.  I see this happening more and more.  To me, this encourages unsportsmanlike conduct and increases the likelihood of someone getting hurt due to frustration.  I thought Jr. High sports were to teach the fundamentals of the game, not to boost the ego of an arogant coach.  Am I wrong?

Isn't the full court press part of the game too, and shouldn't it be taught and utilized early on in game situation?  Otherwise, how will you the girls learn to do it well.  I don't think a team should ever play DOWN to the level of their opponents.  Always play your best. 

In the words of coach Bill Belichick, "Its not a team job to keep from scoring, its the opponents job to stop them", or something like that.

I apolgize pseuda, I am a fan of a 7th grade girls team that has won several games, some of which have been by alot of points.  I know that our coach will only press until we are 20 points ahead and then we go to something else.  This group of girls press very well and usually get a steal which will result in points.  After speaking to others I don't think you are talking aobut our team.  We will not press just to run the score up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124