Lufkin going " OLD SCHOOL " Team Getting Away From The Spread!!!

Guest Round Ball

Guest Round Ball

Lufkin going " OLD SCHOOL "

The word is finally out. Lufkin is changing their offense away from true spread offense. Going back to a more Pro style that they had so much success with in 2001-2002. Use a tightend lots more under center and shotgun formations.

I think it is a very good idea to go away from the spread because they have a good RB in Trevon Lewis and it looks like he will finally be a featured back.  I have personally seen Lufkin play many times and running the ball out of the spread always works okay in the regular season but when the get into the playoffs Lufkins RBs always get shut down.  With Lufkin going to a more run oriented team I see Trevon Lewis getting 2000 yards.

I'm surprised they would go to it after the success they had a few years back.  Didn't they win state just a few yrs. ago?

Seems to me most teams are looking at SLC and trying to mimick them, just because of their string of successful years, because it appears stupid to stay the same, when the spread is obviously better.  But, like posted above, the spread doesn't work for every team (look at PNG).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont