What's your prediction?

Guest GoStangs

Guest GoStangs

Which, if any, SETX teams will:

A) Win a state championship title?

B) Make the state championship game, but not win a title?

C) Win a Region 3 Championship, but not advance past the semis?

Guest bulldogbark

I think that Newton will have the best shot...WO-S looks good also its just that there is so much 3A talent out there that any team could beat another team on any given day...did I say that right :?: its just going to be tough. and I dont think any 3A team will go undefeated this year...comments?

Guest Jody

Which' date=' if any, SETX teams will:

A) Win a state championship title?

B) Make the state championship game, but not win a title?

C) Win a Region 3 Championship, but not advance past the semis?[/quote']

Newton is the only team I see having a valid shot at it. It's no cake walk for Newton either, as they may face some really tough 3-A drop-downs. There are some good teams in 3-A, but they just won't be able to get past the next region. Teams like Cuero, Wimberly, Hutto, West Columbia, etc are going to be tough.

Guest Uncle Rico

Newton is the only team I see having a valid shot at it. It's no cake walk for Newton either' date=' as they may face some really tough 3-A drop-downs. There are some good teams in 3-A, but they just won't be able to get past the next region. Teams like Cuero, Wimberly, Hutto, West Columbia, etc are going to be tough.[/quote']

Newton is 2A

Maybe in about 2 years Newton will make another run. They will need to reload. Offense is only returning 2 starters.

If Cuero wouldnt have been upset last year I think they would have made a big run. Just goes to show that anything can happen on any given Friday night.
Injuries play a huge part of the game at this level as well. You lose 1 or 2 starters and that has a serious impact on your team. Some teams have the depth to overcome it, but most don't in 3A and under.

Guest bulldogbark

Last year I remember WO-S had what 23 players on their roster at one time or was that year before I just remember there not being a lot of players on the WO-S side of the field

Guest GoStangs

Last year.... We usually field somewhere around 30, but when they played Nederland last season, there were only 23 players on the sidelines. I'm not sure about the other games, but I think we generally suited up around 25 or so varsity players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami