*Kountze vs. Warren/82-64 KOUNTZE WINS/COMMENTS*

10 point game with 6:02 left in the 3rd quarter when Sims was ejected.He had 18 at the time.These officals should give the game check back.They let this one get out of hand early.

Why was Sims ejected?  I saw him play at the Hardin game and I thought he was a very good player, calm and levelheaded.  If you say it got out of hand, then it must have been pretty rough when Sims got booted.

Never seen him lose his cool,didn't see it tonight either.He was helping a teamate up when he was head butted by one of Kountzes players.He pushed the kid back and was given a"T".For some reason this crew didn't see the butt(a 3 man crew missed this).The Kountze player proceded to tell him what he was fixing to do to him and Sims took a step forward.He was given the boot at that point.He was having a nice game to that point.Actually heard the official apologizing after the game for letting it get out of hand.Warren got beat last week against EC and the officiating was as good as I've seen this year.I know these officials and they usually do a good job,but tonight they wouldn't score well.The irony of the situation was the player that started this confrontation was even called for a foul and Sims didn't have a foul up to this point.

Never seen him lose his cool,didn't see it tonight either.He was helping a teamate up when he was head butted by one of Kountzes players.He pushed the kid back and was given a"T".For some reason this crew didn't see the butt(a 3 man crew missed this).The Kountze player proceded to tell him what he was fixing to do to him and Sims took a step forward.He was given the boot at that point.He was having a nice game to that point.Actually heard the official apologizing after the game for letting it get out of hand.Warren got beat last week against EC and the officiating was as good as I've seen this year.I know these officials and they usually do a good job,but tonight they wouldn't score well.The irony of the situation was the player that started this confrontation was even called for a foul and Sims didn't have a foul up to this point.

That is a shame...I'm surprised they didn't do anything to the Ktz player after he started talking about "what he was fixing to do".  That can be construed as threatening or inciting...at the very least a "T" as well.  If they saw Sims push him, then they should have been able to hear the Ktz player.  Was the game in Kountze or Warren?  It seems the games are more and more "getting out of hand" these days.  Saw a jr. high girls game where a player was virtually mugged on a fast break and no call...the player had to come out of the game hurt (though she was able to go back in after the half).  Ehh...that is a whole conversation by itself... 8)

Very little basketball played tonight. Mostly streetball and dirty play.  Foul count was out of balance as usual for a team that pressed and trapped.  Wish I could see some pure basketball.  Sims was taken out of the game.  The refs were too slow to react to the press and traps and kountze took advantage of it.  I guess the game I grew up playing is over.

I have to agree warfan i believe the official that ejected him wanted him out of the game.There were 2 officials standing right beside him at mid court and they guy that ejected him was under the basket giving the shooter the ball.It's sad to see players work as hard as he has and have an incompetent official take him out of the game.Up to that point he had been continually trying to keep the peace on the floor.I guess he will have to learn to take the head butt and go on about his business.

Warren  7  22  41  64

Kountze  19  36  59  82

Warren Sims-18, Andrews-13, McBee-11, Swinney-8, Young-8, Nash-5.

Warren turned the ball over way to many times to give themselves a chance to win this one.They played hard after Sims left the game but couldn't get over the hump.Kountze has a good young club and I think they are probably the favorite now to win the district.They seem to be getting better every game now.

devin bray= most overrated player in setx and a disgrace to the game

I'm pretty sure he'll read this ::)....smh. This kid has two more years of Varsity ball. Sorry if he hurt your feelings but I must admit, he can lose his cool at times. But for you to come on here and call a 'kid' a "DISGRACE"......smgdh...wow! >:(

Sims was ejected for goin to the Kountze Bench while Kountze was shooting their free throws for his Techinical!!! The coaches had to get between him, because Bray was sitting on the bench and sims was approaching him talkin trash. You dont have to come on here and bash a player because you lost, face it, your team played hard and lost. but that doesnt give your team the right to play that way or try and ag-on trouble. Bray didnt start this, warren was also called for a flagrant foul or two. and it was a 16 point game when sims lost his cool.

Very little basketball played tonight. Mostly streetball and dirty play.  Foul count was out of balance as usual for a team that pressed and trapped.  Wish I could see some pure basketball.  Sims was taken out of the game.  The refs were too slow to react to the press and traps and kountze took advantage of it.  I guess the game I grew up playing is over.

Foul count was takin out of balance??? that is RETARDED. look at the foul count in the first half. Kountze was definitly called for more fouls that Warren.  In both varsity boys and varsity girls, and they still won big!!! a typical sign of a sore loser= someone who wants to blame the teams loss on anything besides the fact that they Just flat out GOT BEAT!!!!!

If you don't think Bray started this you need to watch the tape.His actions with the head butt and ensuing comments were made first,Sims is just going to have to learn to go on down the floor(which he normally does).You are correct about Kountze being the better team last night ,Warren effectively took themselves out of the game with 1st quarter turnovers.I do think the game would have been considerably closer had Sims stayed in it,he had 18 of Warrens 40 when he was ejected.Devin has as much potential as any soph I've seen and I believe as he matures Duane will get him headed in the right direction.I sure hope so for his sake ,he has tons of talent.I'm not whining about the officials,I'm always the last guy at the door to tell them they done a good job but even they will tell you sometimes they have a bad game.They simply let this one get out of hand early and it cost a good ballplayer an early exit.

If you don't think Bray started this you need to watch the tape.His actions with the head butt and ensuing comments were made first,Sims is just going to have to learn to go on down the floor(which he normally does).You are correct about Kountze being the better team last night ,Warren effectively took themselves out of the game with 1st quarter turnovers.I do think the game would have been considerably closer had Sims stayed in it,he had 18 of Warrens 40 when he was ejected.Devin has as much potential as any soph I've seen and I believe as he matures Duane will get him headed in the right direction.I sure hope so for his sake ,he has tons of talent.I'm not whining about the officials,I'm always the last guy at the door to tell them they done a good job but even they will tell you sometimes they have a bad game.They simply let this one get out of hand early and it cost a good ballplayer an early exit.

Great post man...

Foul count was takin out of balance??? that is RETARDED. look at the foul count in the first half. Kountze was definitly called for more fouls that Warren.  In both varsity boys and varsity girls, and they still won big!!! a typical sign of a sore loser= someone who wants to blame the teams loss on anything besides the fact that they Just flat out GOT BEAT!!!!!

The foul cont at halftime was Warren-12,Kountze-11.I think what he was referring to was that teams that play full court pressure "d" normally pick up more fouls than those that play a half court defense,which was not the case last night.Warren had 1 player ejected,2 foul out and 3 more with 4 fouls.The tone for this game was set in the first 3 minutes after which the lead official called his crew to mid court and instructed them to"OK lets tighten this up".Thats kinda like shuttin the gate after the cows get out.It was out of control at that point.I certainly don't blame the Kountze players,they play hard and adjust to what the officials give them which is what well coached teams do.I think they will win out and win this district.

The foul count in the Girls Varsity game was about right, way out of balance but Kountze pressed and trapped.  Kountze easily won that game with 3 times as many fouls as Warren.  I thought is was called O'kay.  Kountze deserved that win no question.  The same refs called the boys game with completely different results.  Same kind of press and trap but would not call the fouls.  I really believe the game is too fast for these guys to see the hitting, slapping and punching going on.  Contact is Contact and trying to judge the degree of contact or intent get us to were we are at today.  No finesse and little skill.  What do you expect a young man to do when he is attacked and threatened and the refs (who are there to protect our young folks) miss or ignore unsportsmanship like actions.  The coach can't say anything or he/she gets tossed, the fans can't do anything but yell and get ejected.  It's a sad state of affairs.  Someone is going to get seriously hurt and only after the lawsuits will something be done. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83