*Central vs. LC-M/51-47 Central/Comments*

No disrespect to the Bears, this game could have easily been won if Coach would have let them play.  We're not Ozen so we can't play that hold the ball.  Not disciplined enough for that.  At least not tonight.  Should have kept the throttle on and cruised to an easy win.  The Bean kid for LCM was ok.  He draws fouls and gets to the free throw line.  Gulley did his thing and had an average night.  But you can tell he got tired around the 4th.  He played the entire game.  Should have taken some time on the bench.  There was some questionable calls in this one, but it went both ways. 

Player of the game goes to J. Gulley.  He had a few key steals that set the tempo to this one.

You know what is amazing to me that all Shorttexas1 and bmtsoulja always are critical of the coach.  you never say anything about the kids.  if you were watching the game and I was there you would have known that the kids just did not have any intenisty last night.  Did not have anything to do with the coaching.  They did not box out they let them have second shots and allowed them to penatrate to the basket and made stupid plays down the stretch.  I think that coach Rice is a hella of a coach considering the talent that he has had over his tenure at central.  I have a question for both of you.  have either of you ever played any sports or have you ever coached any sports.  Madden and NBA live don't count!!!!!!

[quote name="Quacker37" post="316314" timestamp="1200471474"]
You know what is amazing to me that all Shorttexas1 and bmtsoulja always are critical of the coach.  you never say anything about the kids.  if you were watching the game and I was there you would have known that the kids just did not have any intenisty last night.  Did not have anything to do with the coaching.  They did not box out they let them have second shots and allowed them to penatrate to the basket and made stupid plays down the stretch.  I think that coach Rice is a hella of a coach considering the talent that he has had over his tenure at central.  I have a question for both of you.  have either of you ever played any sports or have you ever coached any sports.  Madden and NBA live don't count!!!!!!
[/quote]If you would have read my previous post, I never said Coach can't coach.  I did state that this is one of those games where you let the kids play.  Your right, we didnt'box out and made mistakes like that.  Which is what I was saying when I said we are undisciplined. Which is why I said no disrespect to the Bears.  By the way, Shorttexas1 was at the Brook game.  not at Central.  Seems like you need to get it all right before you come on here spewing that garbage you call a sensable post. Why am I even explaining this to you?

[quote name="Quacker37" post="316314" timestamp="1200471474"]
[/quote]

Below is my post from the Ozen game...  Where on here did you see me rag the coach?  Where did I not put responsability on the kids?  I have questioned times when he argued with parents during games and I have questions times when he went to half court ball whe the full court running game was working.  Especially against Ozen which has always had the bigger team.  But I give kudos where Kudos are due.  I do believe that early in his career he had issues with his coaching sceme because there were some good teams and talent at Central...  I actually believe he has grown tremedously and has had a great season.  Get your facts straight before you call me out!

About playing or coaching... No I did not play organized bball past middle shool because of my height and lack of vertical explosiveness, so I stuck to football in highschool before I went on to let academics take over.  Wouldn't you know, for all the knowledge that I possessed there were just kids that were flat out better than me physically.  But boy did I ever study the game to try to even the playing field for myself because of the lack of those berth right gifts...  D@mn genetics is a B!#ch!  But i did coach on the AAU circuit for 3 years under a pretty knowledgeable individual and two of those years I had the 14 and under group alone!  I had a 26 - 12 season and a 19 - 10 (didn't have the funds for a complete summer) season.

[i][b]best coached Calvin Rice game I have ever seen[/b].  good job coach. gulley is a man.  [b]central kids lost this game with missed 4th quarter shots.[/b]  in the third with w. jefferson out of the game with foul trouble gulley was unstoppable on the block but the jags went away from that. that was the bad part of the game for central. the panthers weren't scoring and neither were my jags.  jefferson made all the difference n the fourth and ozen won.  jefferson is world class athelete. ran down 4 loose balls pass guards.. great speed for a big..[/i]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami