Silsbee 60 Jasper 49 Final

It doesn't matter where you play, just come ready to play. This was a very good game played by both teams.  I would say from a fan stand point that Jasper doesn't get its fair share of calls as well.  With 2:04 left in the ball game Silsbee was up by 5 points, and anyone that was there would tell you that the refs did a good job, but we felt that our girls should have gotten some calls late in the ball game. Ang is a terrific ball player and the lady tigers have an outstanding team.  It ticks me off a bit when you say just because you're in Jasper that you're going to get hammered.  They just didn't give Ang alot of breathing room.  I as a fan respect every team in this district, because of the level of competition.  One thing about this Jasper teams is that they are getting better.  Would it be fair for me to say don't expect to get any calls in OF?  The coach is teaching these girls the game of basketball, and that's what we are seeing.  Great game Silsbee, we are looking forward to the next one!

Guest bleed orange

My statement had nothing to do with Jaspers team or their coach. I think he is doing a wonderful job in jasper. It is like night and day compared to last year. My statement is about geographic location. For one thing the boy's seem to get the pick of the litter when it come to officials. Most officials that live in the golden triangle would rather call in the golden triangle. Its not just Jasper its all schools who are 70 miles or more away. Yes, you can get hammered in Orangefield also and every other school. The kids are going to play how the officials let them. This is not a knock on Jasper. Its hard to get some of the better officials to travel up there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder