tvc184 Posted Thursday at 11:17 PM Report Posted Thursday at 11:17 PM Maybe interesting, maybe not. Former councilman Mike Getz was accused of Robbery recently. Today the Jefferson County grand jury returned a No Bill in the case meaning no indictment. As usual (in my opinion) the social media comments seem more political rather than legal. That certainly isn’t shocking. There are a few points of criminal law and self defense that may be of interest. This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Quote
thetragichippy Posted yesterday at 02:25 PM Report Posted yesterday at 02:25 PM 15 hours ago, tvc184 said: As usual (in my opinion) the social media comments seem more political rather than legal. I guess it has been going on for a while, but it seems lately it's everywhere.....People posting their opinion of the law and being completely wrong, yet a large group of people believe it. The Karmelo case, the Nolan case are a couple that come to mind. My favorite comment from your link is "I guess we can all go steal yard signs and point guns at people"......lol tvc184 1 Quote
tvc184 Posted 17 hours ago Author Report Posted 17 hours ago 8 hours ago, thetragichippy said: I guess it has been going on for a while, but it seems lately it's everywhere.....People posting their opinion of the law and being completely wrong, yet a large group of people believe it. The Karmelo case, the Nolan case are a couple that come to mind. My favorite comment from your link is "I guess we can all go steal yard signs and point guns at people"......lol Yeah, the comments are more of the story. ”I heard” and “That’s the law!” are always great for conversation starters. I like the “It’s Robbery” or similar comments. There is that little ol’ bugaboo under Texas law about displaying firearms that seems to be glossed over. Quote
thetragichippy Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago 16 hours ago, tvc184 said: There is that little ol’ bugaboo under Texas law about displaying firearms that seems to be glossed over. I've always been taught at a very young age never pull a gun unless you plan on using it. I believe the story was Mike was confronted by someone and felt threatened and displayed the gun or may have pointed it at him. Crime? If so, my question would be at what point is it legal to pull your firearm? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.