Orangefield's Little exploding in senior season

Orangefield's Little exploding in senior season

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

ORANGEFIELD — Explosive. Dynamic. All-around player.

Those are just a few words Orangefield Coach Chris Jost used to describe Lady Bobcat senior Kaylin Little.

Little has been one exciting player to watch this season as the No. 16 Lady Bobcats have stormed out of the blocks in District 21-3A play with a perfect 6-0 mark heading into tonight’s showdown with the No. 17 Hardin-Jefferson Lady Hawks.

Little is having fun this year, taking in all the luxuries a player waits to take in when their senior season rolls around.

“This year has been really good so far,†Little said. “We are 6-0 and all I have really wanted is to make the playoffs one more time. Our press this year has been the main reason for our success. We have a great defense and it really has helped out this year.â€

Little is averaging nearly 25 points a contest this year and it is not just her scoring Jost has been impressed with.

“She is really a special player,†Jost said. “She has such a quick first step and when she gets hot it is pretty much bam, bam, bam. Kay-K is just so explosive. When she is not scoring, she is doing a ton of other things for this team. She is a great defender. The changes we put in on defense this year, she is a huge reason why it has worked so well.â€

The Lady Bobcats’ march in the district loop started off with a bang when they downed Silsbee on the road in what Little called “an amazing game.â€

Orangefield has since taken care of business by beating the teams they were expected to beat to set up tonight’s game against Hardin-Jefferson, who comes in 5-1 after a loss to Silsbee.

“Hardin-Jefferson is going to be a really good game,†Little said. “We are capable of pulling it out. We are going to have to keep playing good defense and just come out and play our game.â€

Little has been far alone this season and she has certainly been pleased with several of her teammates play.

Laura Riddick, Olivia Wagner, Jessica Weldon, Allie Beach, Shelby Poole, Aimee Scales and Marissa Wyatt have all contributed this year and Little has been right there to soak in the victories.

“It certainly has taken a lot of pressure of me,†Little said. “They have all stepped up this season. This is a fun group to be on a team with. We all get along so well.â€

Little and Riddick are the team’s two seniors and the two have taken to the leadership role for Jost.

“We are also best friends so that makes it very easy,†Little said. “The team really responds to what me and her do or say. What we do is what they do so we try to be good leaders for them. I have been over excited to be a senior this year.â€

Now Little and the Lady Bobcats hope to turn the fun into a few more wins and possibly a district championship.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed