SETXsports 2008 Pre-Season Poll

Guest BC boy 17

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

1. Barbers Hill- Heard they had a move in that would make anything less than a state title a big, big let down.

2. Westbrook- To much of a talent pool in Beaumont to choose from for the smaller schools in the area.

3. Jasper- Many from the state title team returns so they should be this high until they prove otherwise.

4. Vidor- You can call me a little biased if you want, but IMO we have the best "team" in our district.  Maybe not individual player but "team".

5. PNG- Eric Harrington sets the tone.  And it is loud.

6. LCM- They won district last year, but I don't think they have the pitching to repeat.

7. Bridge City- With Matt Hicks in 3A he will be dominate.  Personally would like to see him against better competition.

8. Nederland- Will have the best athletes as always, but just to much spring football going on over there.

9. HF-  I see these guys suprising some people in that district.  Landry is to good of a coach to have two down years in a row.

10. Ozen- Pitching seems to keep them in every game.  Play a little defense and you are in the hunt.

i think hicks is going up against some pretty good competion  ;D

hicks has plenty of competition in that power house district. not much better than that for a few years until he is in college

I didn't mean to sound as if I were insulting the district.  They are the best 3A district in the state.  There are however few, if any, D-1 players for him to play against night in and night out.  As opposed to our district for example which has almost every team with future D-1 guys.  Even the teams at the bottom last year like Ozen has D-1 pitcher in Lott and D-1 infielder in Gardiner.  They finished next to last in our district with these two guys.  Hey, Jasper beat us and LCM last year.  They were a great team.  But I am talking about night in and night out.

Eagle,

I guess you mean Barbers Hill.

I never see them play. I consider them more of a Houston team.

But I hear the Hales kid is one of best anywhere.

Fair enough...we are a 'tweener'...not sure if we are Houston or SETX, or both.

Hales is the real deal...the others aren't too shabby, either.

If you like high school baseball and get a chance, come check us out this year. I think you'll like what you see.

Hey Eagle we really hope to get another shot at you guys in the playoff this year.

• 2 weeks later...

1..Barbers Hill…..Pitching is deep as anyone in the State

2..Jasper……..Defending state champs

3..Little Cypress-Mauriceville….Solid returning squad

4..Westbrook..must reload in tough district

5..Port Neches-Groves…need to find a No.2

6..Vidor..throwback of baseball

7..Bridge City…can hit with anyone

8..Kelly.. 90 on the bump

9..Nederland….time to step up

10..Woodville..can they compete again.

Honorable Mention……Hardin-Jefferson, Hamshire-Fannett, Buna, Ozen, Silsbee and Orangefield

OK, the coaches have seen what they got. This week starts the long trek to Austin, comment on what your team's strengths and weakness are. Next week we should have a new poll after real games and tournament action. 

Guest THE FAN

1..Barbers Hill…..Pitching is deep as anyone in the State

2..Jasper……..Defending state champs

3..Little Cypress-Mauriceville….Solid returning squad

4..Westbrook..must reload in tough district

5..Port Neches-Groves…need to find a No.2

6..Vidor..throwback of baseball

7..Bridge City…can hit with anyone

8..Kelly.. 90 on the bump

9..Nederland….time to step up

10..Woodville..can they compete again.

Buna (number 2 in state)....woodville..number 17 in state?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83