**SETXsports Girls Basketball Rankings Week of Jan. 6th**

Cat22

I agree the loss that Hj suffered knocked them out of the top spot but, to fall below a 12-7 Memorial just means your wrong.I realize this is just for fun. If you look at the entire picture or just the fact that HJ is a much better team than Memorial either way HJ comes out on top.

I agree the loss that Hj suffered knocked them out of the top spot but, to fall below a 12-7 Memorial just means your wrong.I realize this is just for fun. If you look at the entire picture or just the fact that HJ is a much better team than Memorial either way HJ comes out on top.

Because they didn't lose this week.

Well you hadn't done a new poll since the 23 and Memorial lost 3 games since then and Central lost 2 they gained on this poll instead of losing when they lost.

Well I think Silsbee should be ahead of HJ, but they got beat by Orangefield by 20 plus, but then Central beat Orangefield in the begining of the season pretty bad and HJ beat Central.  So its a toss up.  Memorial is undefeated in their district. Maybe thats why. 

Wins HJ ahead 18-12, Loses HJ wins again, If you go through their games and opponets HJ wins again. If Orangefield wins next friday night they should be up there also. Even in Colledge a loss doesn't make you fall down the chart if the ones below you have more loses. In the last two weeks since your last poll HJ-1loss, Memorial 3-loses, Central 2-loses, Orangefield 3-loses. Only HJ fell in your poll. Mustbe HJ hater?

Its not about 1 spot. Last poll had 1-HJ, 2 Central, 3 Memorial, 4 Orangefeild. since then HJ losses 1 game, Central losses 2 games, Memorial losses 3 games, Orangefeild loses3 games. The only team that losses a spot is the one with the least amont of losses. Numbers don't lie. Its not a feeling or a favorite when they play games.If anything all 4 teams should have moved down if someone below didn't loss any games.Math is easy.

So if HJ lost to someone that is not on this list they would't have lost a spot? Its about numbers always. If a team who is 1-12 but won that 1 game last week your theory would be they would be #1. One reason girls don't get the respect they deserve is because we talk and treat them with emotion instead of the same as boys. If this was on the boys side it would have been delt with with numbers and wins and losses. Girls are who do we like this week. Your argument and statements do not hold water. Its about math.

There is only ONE meaningful poll.... and that is the one that comes out AFTER the season is over.

The only thing that polls like this do is give a team a sense of false security, or give bragging rights for a job that is not finished.

I think we deserved to drop a few spots. When we correct the things we need to correct, and beat teams that we should beat, we will move back up.

Wins HJ ahead 18-12, Loses HJ wins again, If you go through their games and opponets HJ wins again. If Orangefield wins next friday night they should be up there also. Even in Colledge a loss doesn't make you fall down the chart if the ones below you have more loses. In the last two weeks since your last poll HJ-1loss, Memorial 3-loses, Central 2-loses, Orangefield 3-loses. Only HJ fell in your poll. Mustbe HJ hater?

To say I'm a HJ hater is ridiculous.  If you read some of my post you will see that I've said I would be surprised if HJ does not make it to the Regional Tournament.  Oh and by the way, I still think HJ is the best team in this district!!

First to Bobcat1 your right Hj will fall a few spots in the 3a poll. Orangefeild will fall completely out of the poll. Central will fall completely out of the 4a poll and Memorial never was in one.

To hjhawks your right the poll at the end is the best one. So tell setx not to post this on. It gives us something to talk about and the girls also get a kick out of it and, you know what I'm saying is true about the losses. We should drop except for the fact everyone below us also lost and lost more games than us. If it doesn't mean anything why would you say if we correct the problems we'll get back to the top.

To cat22 it is a simple question that I asked. How does a team with 2 losses and a team with 3 losses jump a team with 1.    And to all of you this is how I bide my time till the next game. I've got the fever.

Great reply

If a team loses they drop!

Great reply You should have said if a team losses 1 they drop- If a team losses 2 or 3 they move up.If you can't see the point I'm trying to make it's simple. Its just a question without a answer I quess. Probably didn't check their records for the previous week.My point is valid not mean.

You said something about the boys going by numbers.  Well, if it is numbers then TABC is wrong as well right?  In 3A there is a team that is 8-0, yet they are ranked #7, but if we went by numbers wouldn't that mean they should be first?  Now go look at the girls side West Oso is 14-0 yet they are ranked #7, if you just go by numbers then shouldn't they be number one?  

You can't always go by numbers, this is a great example last year Orangefield played a team in the play-offs that were undefeated like 30-0, they we not that great, but by what you are saying they should have been ranked because they didn't lose a game.

Also did HJ play in any tournaments during the holidays?  

I was refering to the final poll..... Counting playing in high school and college, along with the past six years coaching, I have enough championship rings to cover up my whole right hand. 

I will never be satisfied with hanging a banner that says Regional Finalist, Bi-District Champions, etc.  So from that standpoint, any thing less than that would be disappointing.

Polls are other peoples opinions who have not seen each game and nothing more.  If a player or coach needs a poll to make them fell good about them selves, something is wrong.

I agree with you and that is a coachs saying always. I prefer to play the game.I'm glad you got all them rings, But us old farts,this is all we got so don't hate one day you will get old too.Also anything less than a State Championship would be a little disoppointing because I know we have a team that can go all the way. AND I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW IT!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder