RADAR ENFORCED

Are there any high school pitchers throwing in the 90's.  That doesn't mean almost or 89.  Names would be nice, and if you feel like it the school they play for would be tight.  Oh yeah and please include numbers, lots of numbers.  Let's keep this one in the southeast Texas area please.

8)

do u mean touch or being consistent ???

Let me break it down for you.  Say you saw/heard of this setx high school pitcher that threw a 90 mph + pitch.  You would post that by putting the name of the guy, the school, and how fast he threw.

Example:  Chuck Norris/Ozen/300 mph

Ross Hales-(LH) Barbers Hill-91 mph-(Tx A&M commit )

Hunter Silva-(RH) Barbers Hill-90 mph ( verbal to San Jac, signing date the 15th)

Jonathan Kelley-(RH) Barbers Hill-90 mph ( verbal to Galveston, signing date the 15th )

Thamm (LH)-Barbers Hill (verbal to Angelina, signing date the 15th ) has "only touched " 89 mph

There...does that "break it down " for you ?  ;)

I would suspect that Fazio (Kelly) and Harrington (PNG) might be on this list...of those that I've seen. Fazio was bringing it at the Rangers Area Code tryouts.

Ross Hales-(LH) Barbers Hill-91 mph-(Tx A&M commit )

Hunter Silva-(RH) Barbers Hill-90 mph ( verbal to San Jac, signing date the 15th)

Jonathan Kelley-(RH) Barbers Hill-90 mph ( verbal to Galveston, signing date the 15th )

Thamm (LH)-Barbers Hill (verbal to Angelina, signing date the 15th ) has "only touched " 89 mph

There...does that "break it down " for you ?  ;)

I would suspect that Fazio (Kelly) and Harrington (PNG) might be on this list...of those that I've seen. Fazio was bringing it at the Rangers Area Code tryouts.

The only one that I "know" has been 90 or above is Fazio.  I do not dispute any of the BH guys (and trust Eagle 07 on this); however, I saw Hales all summer as well as Thamm and Silva this fall and did not see 90 out of them (although Silva can throw hard...just haven't seen a gun reading on Thamm or Silva).  I have not seen Kelley at all.  Hales may well be at 90 (he was upper 80s all summer) and has the frame (tall and lanky) to project to that.  For my money, he's the best pitcher in the area coming into '08.

I do not think Harrington is a 90 guy...my observations have been 86-87 tops.  Hicks is about the same, velocity-wise.  I have not seen Lott from Ozen at 90.  I have seen him and he was always around 85.  Granted, he is a big tall kid but (to answer this thread's question) he was not at or near 90.  Besides my own observations, I also try to keep up with legitimate reported velocities through various tryout camps, showcases, etc.

I do know that the Haley kid (who has transferred to Central Heights and is Rice signee) has been tracked at 92-93 and that Cervenka (Baytown and Texas signee) is a 90-plus guy.  Cervenka's teammate in Baytown (Marshall) has also touched 90.  I know we don't usually include Baytown...but it is right across the highway from BH.

MIF04,

I agree with that. My Herrington suggestion was based on him touching 86-88 last year against BH.

Hales touched 91 in the playoffs. Silva threw 88-91 @ Baseball USA in the unsigned senior "deal". Went from under the radar to receiving 3-4 scholarships offers and interest from the NY Mets in one day. Kelley throws hard but needs to be more consistent. Thamm has gained about 4mph on his fastball over the summer with the Hosuton Heat...was throwing 84-86 last year. Fazio can flat out bring it. All of these, except maybe Fazio, aren't throwing 90+....have just touched 90+.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124