*Post Spurger Tournment Scores Here*/LOGANSPORT WINS TOURNY

KFDM COOP

I have a couple of questions that no one has brought up

??? first what happened that 2 coaches on the same team were ejected?

second, what does UIL say about varsity coaches being ejected?  years ago it was a hearing in austin not sure what it is now but being ejected from a varsity game is a big deal to UIL, wheither coach or player

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am somewhat an expert about being ejected.  Normally a coach will recieve a tech, and after a second tech ejection is warranted.  Appartently, these refs really don't know the rules, they ejected both coaches without the first tech.  From what I understand, the UIL requires a visit to Austin after a second tech and ejection.  Not following protocol the refs would be wise to drop the subject.  These new refs have really thin skin and attitude.  We have a serious problem with the game and its officials. The shortage is forcing far to many refs to call games they are not ready for.  More training and experience is a must.  Frustration is building among the fans, coaches and players and it will get a whole lot worse if there is not something done.  In the 8 years I called I never ejected a fan, only one coach(the coach wanted it) and two players (fighting), a good ref can get a handle on a game without the conflict. In this particular case there is more to the situation than I care to get into here.

Guest orangeman

I believe (and I could be wrong) that by UIL guidelines, the Warren coaches will now have to attend COPE training. The C.O.P.E. is an acronym for something that I can't remember. All coaches (state wide) were required to watch the COPE DVD at the beginning of the school year. Charles Breithaupt (Director of UIL Athletics) is the main speaker on the DVD. The video is a little bit of a pain to watch, but it is necessary and the material is good. The ejections are a big deal, and I can imagine that the COPE Training is not going to have been worth the ejection in the long run. Who knows though...

i have watched the coach from warren for many years and he is a great one. i am sick and tired of referees who think they are the almighty on the court. Number one they shouldnt even here what any fan or coach says unless the coach has a question. the refs in todays game take to serious what a coach says as a matter of fact some coaches come up with some great comedy from the bench. my advice for refs is call the game, relax, have some fun with the coaches and dont be so quick to show everyone you are in control we all know you are and when you make it obvious it just makes you look like a jerk. :-*

i once sang three blind mice at halftime of a game when the refs were coming back on the floor and they looked at me and all laughed and i laughed too.. its all in fun. :o

just dont get vulgar and curse or call anybody by name and get personal and everyone will have a great time. You refs have to remember you are only going to please 50% of the people anyway so why try to make everybody mad. ;D ;D ;D

LIGHTEN UP

As for the vist to Austin for being ejected that is plain stupid......

I once had a coach who wore a football helmet to a certain gym because when he came out the opposing fans used to throw m&ms at him. When he wore the helmet everybody had a laugh and the candy throwing stopped and they admired him for his sense of humor.

Cant we just have fun.

Great post, kbmpkn!!  Right on.   I was ejected when I told the refs that I was here to help and If they had any questions on a call just look in the stands and I would help, this was before a game and the jerk took offense.  It was all in good spirits and jest having been a ref in another life.  These refs need to do COPE and anger management.  COPE stands for "Coaches and Officials Positive Expectations"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83