Who to blame for steroids in baseball??? Give me your thoughts

Guest oldplayer

Guest oldplayer

MLB or Players

I feel thats its more MLB becasue they knew what was going and now they want to try and make all the players look back seven years down the road. They Knew sosa and Big mack was on them they just wanted the rating becasue it was bringing back baseball.

The majority of the blame should fall squarely on the shoulders of the players who took STEROIDS.  Steroids have been illegal long before MLB finally decided to put them on a banned substance list.  As for other performance enhancing substances such as Andro and HGH that is the primary fault of MLB.  They dragged their feet on implementing a testing process, and on banning substances such as these.  If a substance can help me, is not illegal, and is not banned by the governing body of my sport why would I not take it? 

The problem of perfermance enhancing drugs in baseball is not a new thing.  It has been prevelant for many many years.  Do not fool yourself into thinking that players in the past were not taking things to help them through the seasons.  I have heard on more than one occaision past players speaking on amphetamiens (SP?).  Those seemed to be readily available to players in the locker rooms in the past, and if i am not mistaken are now banned by MLB.  Everything has to be put into perspective when looking at this situation.

Here is another take on all of this: (I'm not agreeing OR disagreeing with this situation)

It has been mentioned on here that it doesn't matter what MLB rules are or were, the law of the land stated it was against the law........PERIOD, and that takes presidence over MLB rules anyway.....fair enough!

Consider this: During the early 1900's (Babe Ruth's era) this country had something called prohibition.......maybe you've heard of it..............now we also know through history, that the Babe was a partier, and lived a rough life.........so does that mean just because MLB didn't have a rule against drinking..........but the law of the land did.........his records should all be tarnished as well?

Not to mention all the DUI's that players and coaches of today are charged with.......illegal is illegal........who defines which is worse........whether it enhances the players performance or not.........it's still illegal!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124