How this for a senario for the upcoming season?

Guest JoesBros

Guest JoesBros

Roger Clemens decides to pitch for the Stros again this season. Ok sounds good right? Looking at the schedule the Yankees are coming in for a weekend series. Wait! It gets better. Roger Clemens Vs. Andy Petitte in a pitching duel. Id go watch it for sure!

Guest JoesBros

I'd rather see Nolan Ryan Mike Scott or heck even Bob Knepper come back. ;D

LoL you know if I had my choice I would want to see them back as well. But, unfourtanley that wont happen. I still think Nolan Ryan can throw harder than Clemens. IMO

I am not big on Clemens or Petitte anymore. I loved the way they came to pitch in their hometown and what they do day in and day out. They are both what you want from a starting pitcher. With that said....

Clemens demands too much money and I dont like the semi-shady way that Petitte left. Petitte asked for a certain amount and the stros offered that....but would not meet his gauranteed extra year deal. So he signed with the Yankees for a mil more than what the stros offered. When you are talking 17 mil or so another mil is not that much. The stros thought they were in the mix and needed him.....and found out they never were in it, that the yanks and Petitte were going to get a deal together one way or the other. The stros were caught with their pants down and short on pitching after offering fair money and what Petitte requested.

I dont want Roger or Andy back and would go watch every game at Minute Maid that neither of them pitched!  ;D

I am now stepping down off my soap box

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83