Locals In The Record Books

As listed in the DCTF High School Records Section:

Career 100 Yard Rushing Games:

38-Steve Worster of Bridge City, tied for 4th all-time (1964-66)

Consecutive 100 Yard Rushing Games:

28-Steve Worster of Bridge City, 3rd all-time (1965-66)

Most Receptions In A Single Game:

20-Keith Talbot of Lumberton, 2nd all-time (Lumberton vs Jasper, 2001)

Most Passing TD's In A Single Game:

8-Jabo Leonard of Barbers Hill, tied for 2nd all-time (Barbers Hill vs Deweyville, 1971)

Most Passing Attempts In A Single Game:

71-Tony Eckert of Lumberton, 2nd all-time (Lumberton vs Jasper, 2001)

Most PAT's In A Single Game:

13-Jabo Leonard of Barbers Hill, 1st all-time (Barbers Hill vs Deweyville, 1971)

Most PAT's In A Career:

162-Jabo Leonard of Barbers Hill, 4th all-time (1969-71)

Most Interceptions In A Single Game:

7-Donald Moore of Splendora, 1st all-time (Splendora vs New Waverly 1977)

Most Interceptions In A Season:

23-Kendall Barrow of High Island, 2nd all-time (1979)

21-Donald Moore of Splendora, 4th all-time (1977)

Most Interceptions In A Career:

59-Donald Moore of Splendora, 1st all-time (1976-79)

Longest Punt Return:

108 yds-David Scott of Jasper, 1st all-time (Jasper vs Silsbee 1976)

105 yds-Kelvin Mikel of Shepherd, tied for 2nd all-time (Shepherd vs Tarkington 1980)

Longest Blocked Field Goal Return:

107 yds-Cedric Reescano of Hardin, tied for 2nd all-time (Hardin vs Hardin-Jefferson 2002)

Longest Blocked PAT Return:

109 yds-Lorenzo Foreman of Liberty, 1st all-time (Liberty vs Splendora 2004)

106 yds-Kelby Clements of Hardin, 2nd all-time (Hardin vs Hull-Daisetta 2004)

Longest Fumble Return:

102 yds-Coreyan Gorrer of Lincoln, tied for 1st all-time (Port Arthur Lincoln vs PN-G 2001)

102 yds-Dyone Brooks of Liberty, tied for 1st all-time (Liberty vs Houston King 1990)

100 yds-Terry Burrell of Thomas Jefferson, tied for 3rd all-time (Thomas Jefferson vs Nederland 1995)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bulldogbark

I was on the punt return team with David Scott when he did the return of 108 yds we all thought he was about to down it in the end zone and everybody start walking off the field when all you saw was a flash and there he went ::k

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the punt return team with David Scott when he did the return of 108 yds we all thought he was about to down it in the end zone and everybody start walking off the field when all you saw was a flash and there he went ::k

For sure, 108 yard return is going to be one record hard to beat! :shock:

I was standing on the Silsbee side, down at the end zone. Yes, it was truly amazing to watch David just stand there with the ball in the end zone. It appeared that no one knew what to do, especially the Silsbee players. Several of them ran down there, stopped, and were just looking at him. Then, in a flash, he was gone. No one even touched him. But that was nothing new.

I think it was that same year that Jasper was receiving a punt from Lufkin and four Lufkin players were around the ball, watching it bounce, hoping for a good Lufkin bounce. Big mistake. Scott zoomed in from nowhere, scooped up the ball, and zipped to their end zone while Lufkin was left trying to figure out what had just happened to them. David was one of the great ones to come through Jasper High, and sadly never received the credit that he should have gotten.

That game in 2001 lasted forever with Lumberton/Jasper. Lumberton believed in passing that's for sure.

I was also at that game..My cousin was Lumbertons QB " Brian Ware" outstanding game on both sides of the ball, If I remember I think the scores added up to like a 100 points or a little over...Long passing game :)

• 1 year later...
Guest maverick24

Someone please answer this question how do you have a Fumble return of more than 100 yards?? Once you cross the line it is a TD, am I not thinking of another situation that could happen??

Someone please answer this question how do you have a Fumble return of more than 100 yards?? Once you cross the line it is a TD, am I not thinking of another situation that could happen??

The ball is recovered in the end-zone 8 yards deep, then the player returns it to the opposite endzone, hense 108yd return.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83