*POST ZAVALLA TOURNMENT/NEWTON WINS TOURNMENT*

Brookeland 82

Warren 78

Exciting game with Warren playing with 4 players for half of the 4th Quarter.

Most unprofessionally called game I've seen this year.  Refs had no control or sense of fair play.  Ejected two parents, told the fans they could not cheer for their team.  Warren down to 4 players with the foul count 21-7 and 7 minutes left.  Brookland had an intense press which drew almost no fouls.  This game was decided by the refs before the game started.  They paid much more attention to the stands than to the game going on in front of them.  Making eye contact and interaction with the stands is a no-no, and any quality refs knows that.  And don't give me "the you should try it", I called for 8 years and never once ejcted a fan (a coach or two yes).  No disrespect to Brookland they have a fine team, wish we could have played under different circumstances.  Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

Brookeland-82  Warren-78

Brookeland- 17  41  64  82

Warren  -  17  32  48  78

Sims 39-(7-3ptrs)8/10 ft line.Lil Cody Andrews-20.

Game recap:Warren had 3 kids missing taking ACT(2 starters)and had 3 foul out.They played the final 7:02 with 4 players and cut a 22 point lead down to 1.The kids that were left on the floor at the end played as hard as any I've ever seen.Cody Andrews,James Blackshear,Blake Riley and Paul Sims left it all on the court today.I've heard in other post about East Texas officiating but I witnessed it first hand today.Brookeland has a fine ballclub and this is in no way directed toward them.The officials let this one get out of hand.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476