What's the best .22 for under $400?

westend1

You might want to try a bolt action Winchester Wildcat 22. I haven't shot the newer model but I have shot some of the older Windchester .22's and they are tack drivers.

I like to shoot my Marlin 60 semi-auto. It is accurate but I don't think it can match the Winchester.

I have a couple of old Mossberg .22, both bolt and semi-auto. There are very accurate but I don't know about their newer models.

I like the looks of that Winchester Wildcat 22. It is a bolt action with a 10 round magazine. If you are trying to teach accuracy, the bolt action keeps a kid from blowing away ammo. I think they run about $200. The Marlin 60 is a very popular model and runs about $130 or so.

Guest beat-em_deep

If  you get the ruger get more than 1 clip for it cause if they shoot it alot they will want more than one i have 2 10 round clips and 2 25 round clips!

I think I have talked my son out of the auto-loader.  He doesn't want to clean it after every trip out(imagine that).  I have about decided on the Savage Mark II BV bolt action.  Nice looking gun with a target type barrell and adjusable trigger.  Anyone shot one of these?  They run around $300 with the thumbhole stock.

I think I have talked my son out of the auto-loader.  He doesn't want to clean it after every trip out(imagine that).  I have about decided on the Savage Mark II BV bolt action.  Nice looking gun with a target type barrell and adjusable trigger.  Anyone shot one of these?   They run around $300 with the thumbhole stock.

I've shot the Savage with the AccuTrigger but not on a .22. The AccuTrigger is way better than their standard trigger if that is what you are talking about.

Guest beat-em_deep

I think I have talked my son out of the auto-loader.  He doesn't want to clean it after every trip out(imagine that).  I have about decided on the Savage Mark II BV bolt action.  Nice looking gun with a target type barrell and adjusable trigger.  Anyone shot one of these?   They run around $300 with the thumbhole stock.

i have never cleaned my ruger 10-22 and i have shot thousand and thousands of rounds through it and it still works fine

Guest beat-em_deep

But I would hate to pay the money it cost to plink with it.

True True i would go with the 10-22 you cant beat it. Make sure you buy a lot of ammo  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn