MLB Draft

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD THROW THIS OUT THERE. I FOUND THIS ON TEXASHIGHSCHOOLBASEBALLONLINE.COM.

Belt got screwed!

Obviously high school umpires arent the only people in baseball that screw you over. Brandon had made a pre-draft deal with the cubs that if had slid past the supplemental round of the draft he would scare off all the other teams with bonus demands so that he would slide down to the 5-9 rounds because the cubs didnt have a supplemental 2,3, or 4th round pick and they would give him supplemental round money. the cubs said they would pick him anywhere through the 5-9 rounds. This deal was approved by the general manager and the owner and was a guarantee that they would pick him. Belt slides down to the 11 round and the cubs havent picked him yet so the red sox take him and the deal is blown. the good news is that the red sox are offering more money than the cubs at this time but i think he said it is still supplemental money (700,000 - 1,000,000). anyways the point is that the belt family had a lot of faith in this deal and the cubs messed around and screwed it up. but hey if the red sox are willing to pay more (which it is not a done deal yet) than you cant be too mad. hope everything works out for my good friend.

I know Brandon fairly well and to say it was a surprise he fell to the 11th round is a understatement, If they are offerring that much money bad news for UT because he will never go.

Better for Brandon, Red Sox much better organization...........also remember it is a business at that level.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami