What team will be better this year HJ or Kountze?

hawks77

I think HJ will have the best team this year, they have been getting better every game. I loved how everyone was dogging them about their schedule & them playing a private school like Milburn, they made it sound like Milburn was so weak,,,,,ha looks like the private school snuck up on some people, they beat a few teams that everyone thought they wouldnt.

Threads like this are nice for chest-thumping, and, heck, yes, there is no 2A school in the state that is better than this year's HJ squad.  On any given night, though, Kountze or EC or several other 2A teams could beat us--especially if we miss uncontested layups and clang wide-open threes and don't make free throws, like what I saw us do last night.  Our defense alone might be enough to carry us... maybe.

We should be supporting Kountze and EC, when we're not playing them.  It would be nice to see all our local teams, 1A through 5A, in Austin.

Threads like this are nice for chest-thumping, and, heck, yes, there is no 2A school in the state that is better than this year's HJ squad.  On any given night, though, Kountze or EC or several other 2A teams could beat us--especially if we miss uncontested layups and clang wide-open threes and don't make free throws, like what I saw us do last night.  Our defense alone might be enough to carry us... maybe.

We should be supporting Kountze and EC, when we're not playing them.  It would be nice to see all our local teams, 1A through 5A, in Austin.

WOW, I have been a supporter of HJ forever, didn't realize you guys were onlys supporting EC and Kountze in the 2A ranks.

WOW, I have been a supporter of HJ forever, didn't realize you guys were onlys supporting EC and Kountze in the 2A ranks.

I bolded something you may have missed. Also he didn't say We should be only supporting Kountze and EC. I believe his intentions were that we should be supporting all the local SETX teams, which would include Warren (which is who I think your team is).

I root for 2A Warren, 4A Ozen, and 5A WB over all other local teams, except, of course, for HJ.  The reason I mentioned EC and Kountze above was it seems like my fellow Hawk Hecklers seem to pile on those two teams in these threads.  The reason I root for Warren, Ozen, and WB is because they have SLAM veterans playing for them, really good, bright, classy kids, and seriously good basketball players.

The difference in these 2 teams right now is depth and experience.HJ has the edge in both catagories.The thing everyone is overlooking about Kountze is their lack of experience.They will get it as the year progresses but there is no substitute for it and only 1 place to get it.They have some good quality players but right now they are nowhere close to the teams of the last 3 or 4 years. HJ is head and shoulders above any other small school in the area right now.

Posted by: whsalum 

Insert Quote

The difference in these 2 teams right now is depth and experience.HJ has the edge in both catagories.The thing everyone is overlooking about Kountze is their lack of experience.They will get it as the year progresses but there is no substitute for it and only 1 place to get it.They have some good quality players but right now they are nowhere close to the teams of the last 3 or 4 years. HJ is head and shoulders above any other small school in 

What about Silsbee. I think they are doing pretty good right now and so is Goodrich too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476