RIM TO RIM WITH LADY CARDINAL BASKETBALL

Agnija Reke

LamarCardinals.com had to move at a fast pace to snag an interview with "cat quick" Agnija Reke, but we slowed down the hard working perimeter player long enough to get to know the Riga, Latvia native a little bit better. Agnija comes to Lamar from Odessa Junior College where she played point guard and led the Lady Wranglers to the Juco National Title. Reke is a proven winner and brings that attitude to the court every day for the Lady Cardinals!

LC: When you walked off the court with a National Junior College championship in your hand, what feelings came to mind?

AR: Impossible is nothing! Hard work pays off with great success.

LC: Word on campus is that you are the hardest working player on the team, so what drives you to have that distinction?

AR: The will to get this job done. Everybody knows that success in the games starts from hard work in practice.

LC: Being a native of Latvia, what things do you miss the most from your country?

AR: Definitely my family. My family has been supportive all my life. I try not to think about home very often. My home is here and the people around me are my family.

LC: Also tabbed as another highly regarded recruit in the #31 rated nationally ranked class, why Lamar?

AR: I didn't pick the school. I picked the coach I want to play for. I knew it was going to work out perfect and the fact that we are #31 in recruiting classes is the first sign of success.

LC: If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would you go and why?

AR: I've always wanted to go to Africa. I want to see how people live there. 

LC: What are your plans after you graduate?

AR: My dream is to play professional basketball and to get PAYED! Most likely I will go back to Europe and play there. But you have to know where life's going to take you.

LC: Who is the best player that you have ever played against?

AR: Nobody famous yet, probably girls from the Latvian national team.

LC: What are your first impressions of Lady Cardinal Basketball and what are your expectations of this team?

AR: Coach did a great job not only recruiting great players but great people. I am happy that I am part of the Lady Cardinals basketball team.

LC: What is your most prized possession?

AR: My necklace with a humming bird. My basketball coach gave it to me after I finished playing for my team "Humming bird".

LC: In your opinion, besides yourself, who is the most motivated player on your Lady Cardinal team?

AR: I can't name just one player. I think all players give their best effort every practice. Some push harder than others, but everyone reaches for the same result-to get better every day.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed